It's Time

Sonic's Pov.

It's been 4 months since the incident at Eggman's base, and we haven't heard from them since. I already knew that Shadow, Scourge, and Eggface were somewhere out there, probably plotting their next attack, so I was wary of them, but still focused on the more important thing. My wife and my two future kids. Y/N's belly had grown much since the incident too, which made me even more protective of her than ever. Sometimes, I protected her for the silliest reasons, which only made her and the gang chuckle. I was just very concerned, especially since the day of the birth was approaching faster than I could run.
"Sonic, you should really rest up." Y/N told me. We were sitting in the living room, while the gang went off to do their own things. Amy was shopping, Tails was building a new machine, and Knuckles was still guarding that emerald of his.
"I can't. It could happen anytime now." I replied.
"But you're working yourself to your very last amount of energy."
"But-"
"No buts, Mr. Hedgehog," Y/N teased, "You need your rest."
"Well- alright." I agreed, "But if anything happens, just call my name."
"I will. Let me make you something to eat." She said, as she stood up and went to the kitchen and made me my favorite food, chilidogs. I sighed. I wanted to relax about this, I really did, but I just don't want anything bad to happen so close to the time. She came back several minutes later and handed it to me. I chomped it down, leaving some of the sauce on my face. Y/N giggled and licked the sauce off my cheek, making me blush bright red. She chuckled again.
"I'll be right back." Y/N stood up and went to the bathroom. I exhaled. Maybe she was right. Maybe I was overreacting just a little bit. I closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep, until I jumped up when I heard a crash in the bathroom. I quickly ran over there and saw Y/N gripping her stomach while on her knees.
"Y/N, are you okay?!" I leaned next to her, worried.
"Sonic... I think... it's time." I gasped, knowing what that meant. I picked her up and quickly stormed out of the house and towards the hospital.
"Guys!" I called all of them.
"Yeah Sonic?" Tails picked up.
"You seem worried about something." Knuckles also did.
"Is everything alright?" Amy followed them both.
"Is everything alright?! It's time for Y/N to give birth!" They all gasped.
"We'll be at the hospital soon, bro!" Tails hung up.
"Yeah!" Amy and Knuckles hung up too. I knew that there was something to worry about! I quickly ran to the front desk when I got there.
"Oh, Sonic. You two are back. Is everything ok-"
"Of course not! My wife's about to give birth now!" I stated, making the lady at the front desk gasp.
"Quickly, bring her to room 12. I'll call the doctors to be there soon." She told me, and I sped off over there. I lay Y/N down in the bed, holding onto her hand. I hoped that everything would be okay.