Chapter Seventeen - The Decision

Malia followed the voices she heard coming from Baekhyun's room. She saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun talking. When Baekhyun said it was her decision to choose who to stay with she took a minute before walking in.

There's only one thing I have to do. I can't get in between two best friends who are in a group together. They would lose their success and they've come so far. I need to leave. She knocked on the door which startled both Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Their eyes widened as they saw her.

"Can I talk to Baekhyun alone, Chanyeol?" He nodded has head and walked out. Malia closed the door behind her. She sat beside Baekhyun.

"You don't know how sorry I am. You probably hate me now." She started.

"I can't hate you. I love you too much to do that. That's why I'm so hurt right now." Malia held back tears. She's shocked at his statement because even she hated herself.

"I know there's nothing I can do to stop the pain but is there something that can help?" She asked Baekhyun, who was looking down at his crossed legs.

"Why did you do it?" Malia knew she had to answer all his questions truthfully. She knew she already lost his trust, the least she could do was try to gain it back.

"I don't want to blame Chanyeol but I was tempted in that moment. I didn't stop it. It's more my fault than his." She answered.

"How long has this been going on?"

"It was just yesterday, I swear." She stated.

"Are you pregnant? Is that why you were sick?" He asked keeping his head down.

"No, I've been on the pill since I got here. I guess I forgot to tell you." She reminisced about the fun they had in bed. Baekhyun finally looked up at her.

"Do you love him?" She could see the pain in his eyes when he asked this.

"Well, I don't know. He said it was him I was texting all this time. Although it was through messaging, I had a strong and deep relationship with him and all that time I thought it was you."

"Do you love me?" Tears filled his eyes and blurred his vision.

"Of course I do. The time I've spent with you were the best of my life. That relationship was real and in front of me. I love everything about you. Even when I exclude the relationship I thought we had through messaging, I still love you." Malia said. Baekhyun took advantage of the moment to steal a kiss from her. He rested his forehead on hers after the kiss and cupped her cheeks.

"I don't want to lose you. I love you so much and I don't ever want you to leave me." Baekhyun's tears streamed down his face. Malia let her share of tears pour from her eyes. He hugged her and the two stayed in each others arms as long as possible.

~

Chanyeol paced around his room and thought of what he was going to say to Malia. After waiting longer than an hour he lied down on his bed and sighed. He got back up and walked to Baekhyun's room. He gently pressed his ear against the door.

When he didn't hear anything, he knocked on the door. There was no reply so he slowly opened the door. He saw Baekhyun and Malia asleep in each others arms. Chanyeol slammed the door closed and angrily walked back to his room.

He slammed his own door and plopped onto the bed. He grabbed his pillow and hugged it while letting tears escape his eyes. Chanyeol's door is opened by someone but he doesn't care to look.

"Chanyeol." Malia said softly. Chanyeol didn't move. Malia heard him sniffle so she walked up to him.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol." Malia apologized.

"It's not your fault. I'm to blame. I created this mess and now I have to suffer." Chanyeol said not getting up. Malia rubbed his back to comfort him.
"Don't do that to yourself. Baekhyun and I forgive you for what you did. Now you need to forgive yourself."

"How do I do that?" Chanyeol asked sitting up.

"Try to forget about everything. If you can, go on vacation. Clear your mind. You need to relieve yourself from all the stress you've built up."

"Thank you. I'm going to talk to my manager tomorrow to see if that can be done."

"You're welcome." She gives him a hug and holds it for a couple minutes. When she pulls away Chanyeol covers himself with his pillow.

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking about that night."Chanyeol laughed nervously and his cheeks turned pink.

"Chanyeol laughed nervously and his cheeks turned pink

"You should just go." Chanyeol said keeping his head down.