Chapter Sixteen - Apologies

After some time Sehun carried Malia into his room. He figured she would sleep for a long time and he didn't want her waking up in even more pain by sleeping on an uncomfortable sofa.

~

Think about what I'm going to say. Psh. What does he know? He's two years younger than me. He doesn't know what to do in a situation like this. Baekhyun betrayed me first. He acted like he was my best friend even though he stole the girls I was with. He's as good as an actor as I am. I acted as if I was his best friend too. I did, didn't I? No. I didn't. I never pretended to be his friend. Even though he hurt me, I never wanted to hurt him. I let my feelings get in the way.

~

I knew it. I just knew something was going on. That feeling I had in my gut was real. I can't believe they actually did this to me. Baekhyun thought as he cried. I was hoping I was wrong. I didn't want this to happen. I can't lose her. Not to Chanyeol. Not to someone I thought was my best friend. I refuse to let her go but I want her to be happy.

~

Chanyeol walked into Baekhyun's room without knocking. Chanyeol looked at the bed and saw a lump under the covers. He sat down on the bed and stood quiet for a bit.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun." Chanyeol spoke softly. Baekhyun didn't move or make a sound.

"When I first met her, she opened up to me so easily. She said she's never done that with anyone. She told me she has never been so comfortable with someone until she met me. I fell for her at that moment." He paused and Baekhyun stood still.

"I was never going to do this to you. I couldn't even think about doing it but the more I texted her, the deeper I fell. You did this. You told me to text her because you didn't know what to say. She would have liked you anyway, Baek." Chanyeol explained. Baekhyun came out from under the blankets and pinned Chanyeol down.

"You knew I loved her. You saw how desperate I was to just speak to her." He explained.

"I know. It was wrong of me. Go ahead and hit me. I deserve it." Chanyeol stated. Baekhyun raised his hand and punched the mattress.

"If there was some way to go back in time I would rather suffer than let you be in pain. I'm really sorry, Baekhyun. I know apologizing won't change anything but I need you to know how sorry I am." Chanyeol continued.

"The thing you said about me stealing your girls, I didn't mean to do that. I swear to you they kissed me first but I didn't do anything to stop them. I'm sorry too, Chan."

"I guess we're even?" Chanyeol questioned.

"We will never be even but I forgive you." Baekhyun got off of Chanyeol and sat down. Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Baekhyun and squeezed him.

"How do we solve the problem of who gets Malia?" Chanyeol asked.

"It's up to her. We can't make her choose between us because it's not fair to her." Baekhyun stated. He really wanted it to be him but he didn't dare tell Chanyeol.

~

When Malia woke up she looked around to figure out where she was. She gently touched her cheek and cringed at the slight pain. As she sat up the door was opened by Sehun.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm a little better. How did I get here?"

"I carried you. I didn't want you to sleep on the sofa and wake up with a back ache or something."

"Thank you." She faintly smiled.

"Where's Baekhyun and Chanyeol?!" She asked while getting up from the bed.

"They should be in their rooms."

"I'm gonna go talk to them." she walked towards him.

"Thank you so much, Sehun." She gave him a tight hug and went on her way.