Part 11-Signs

The plane landed at the private airstrip. Chase gave Allen orders to fly out to San Carlos where he and Tim would find Zane. Chase and Charlie hopped into the rental car and made it to the hotel in under twenty minutes. The orange and yellow hues blazed as the dawn began to poke it's head in the sky. Chase knew that he had lost some hours of precious time. If he couldn't find her in the next twenty hours he would go crazy. The guys walked up to the hotel's front desk.

"Yes, my assistant made a reservation for Drs. Thad Jeffries and Colin Temple." Tim said handing the clerk his credit card.

"Yes we have your reservations right here," the clerk said. She processed his card and handed them their keys. "We have a two bedroom suite on the fifth floor as you requested for one night. If you need anything just call the front desk and someone will be able to help you." She smiled and they headed to the elevator.

Charlie looked around trying to find cameras that he could connect into. He spotted one in the ceiling above the elevator on the fifth floor. "Found it," he said to Chase. Charlie handed Chase one of his bags to open the door. Charlie swiped the card in the door. They both walked in to see a very nice room.

"Okay she was on this floor. I saw the guest list downstairs on top of the clerks desk. She checked in around four hours ago. If we can get a feed from the elevator camera we might be able to get a lock on her."

"Do whatever you have to do to find her. Chase was starting to lose his patience. Charlie opened up his bag to pull out a small computer monitor and keyboard. He was an absolute genius when it came to spyware equipment and computers. Charlie looked liked your average nerd from head to toe. He had shaggy hair, skinny and a pale face. He normally wore khakis pants and a plaid shirt, but Chase didn't care what he wore just as long as the job was done.

About twenty minutes later, Charlie had a live feed from the cameras. "It's really time for them to upgrade their cameras. Look here."

Chase walked over the monitor. Charlie had managed to not only tap into the cameras, but into the recording system. "The camera started recording around midnight so unfortunately I can't fast forward. They record each floor every twelve hours. I think they may have a person that actually changes the video. For what they are charging for the rooms, they should invest in better equipment."

Chase ran his hand through his already tossled hair. "So we just sit and wait until she pops up on the screen? This is bullshit. I'm going downstairs to see if I can get some information out that desk clerk." Charlie nodded and Chase headed to the door.

Waiting for the elevator he tried calling her again. Still no answer. Hanging up we went to the app on his phone that had been tracking her for the past few days. He remembered right after they made love he told her he loved her. Unfortunately she had not said it back but somehow he knew she loved him too. That was the night he put the device in the back of her watch. He knew she wore that TAG watch everywhere and it would be perfect. Being an agent was tough and he wanted to always make sure she was safe.

He entered his password and then the code. To his surprise there was a small dot that started to blink. He walked away from the elevator back towards the rooms. As his steps quicken the blue dot started to blink faster. At the last room on the rightside of the hall the dot flashed quickly and a then there was a chirping noise. He ran back to room to get Charlie.

"I got a signal from the room at the end of the hall. Either she is in the room or she left the watch in the room. We need to get in that room."

Charlie said," I got an idea."

The guys got on the elevator and headed to the front desk. When they arrived the same girl that checked them in walked back up.

"May I help you Dr. Jefferies?"

"Yes, you can. I was walking to the ice machine and noticed a loud commotion coming from the end of the hall. I thought it was a woman screaming but I'm not sure. If she is hurt she would need medical attention. I will be more than happy to help if there is a problem."

The desk clerk seemed nervous and called her manager. After getting off the phone with her manager she took the masterkey and exited the side door. A tall gentleman took her place at the front desk.

"I really hope Ms. Worthington is okay. She looked exhausted when I checked her in."

"So did this woman come alone?" Chase asked.

"Yes, the only person that was with her was Boni the bellhop."

"So where is this guy Boni?"

"I think he got off about an hour ago. I guess he headed home," she said shrugging her shoulders.

The elevator dinged and they all stepped out. The clerk picked up her pace and knocked on the door. The clerk opened her phone and tried calling the phone inside the room but there was no answer. After five minutes of trying to contact Sasha, the clerk unlocked the door. The living area seemed untouched. "Ms. Worthington are you in here? Are you okay?" The clerk called out. Still no answer.

They walked to the back towards the bedroom. Chase saw Sasha's suitcase on top of the valet opened. There was a suit hanging in the closet. The clerk and Charlie walked in the bathroom. "She was here," Charlie said walking back in the bedroom. "She has make-up, perfume on the counter and wet towels thrown to the side in the bathroom."

Chase walked over to the patio, before he took his next step he almost tripped on something blocking his step. Chase looked down at the pool of blood and a leg that stuck out on the side of the bed. Before he knew it the clerk screamed and fainted.