Part 14- Scattered Pieces

"What is the fuck Madeline doing on that got damn tape!" Chase roared through the room. Charlie shook his head.

"Call her Chase."

Chase searched through his contacts. The two numbers he had for her were disconnected.

"Fuck! Charlie patch me into headquarters if anyone would know her number would be Law."

"What the hell do you want Denson?"

"Look Law I need your help."

"You calling me, that's a first," he said sarcastically.

"Look Madeline has kidnapped someone and possibly killed a guy. In order for me to try to clear her I need to know where she is?"

"It is no way in hell my sister could have done anything like that. She is in Bermuda. I sent her on an assignment there myself."

"I swear Law it was her on the video in Patagonia. Charlie's here with me and we both saw her."

"Hold on Denson let me check something." Chase was looking at his watch. He had less than sixteen hours left to find her. Time was definitely not on their side. His heart was sinking faster by the hour. If he couldn't find her..."

"Shit," he heard on the other end of the line. "What do you mean she wasn't in her room. Find her," he heard Law on the other end of the phone.

"Denson Her number is 0784532567. If you find out anything call me," Law said hanging up the phone.

Chase rubbed his hand across his face. "Charlie check the airport manifest for planes that left out of Bermuda yesterday." He explained to Charlie what Law said.

"But Chase why would Madeline kidnap Sasha? And why would she leave the note?"

There were too many questions and not enough answers. "Those are the same questions I have."

Chase heard his phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID. "This is Denson."

"Zane is dead," Tim said into the telephone receiver. "The authorities found his body cut up in a field eaten up by wild dogs. A forest ranger found the remains. They were able to identify him by his tattoo. Sorry man."

"I need you to find out what cases Zane were working on and if any of them had something to do with Sasha, Emilio, Vega and Madeline."

"Did you say, Madeline?"

"Yeah," Chase explained to him about the tape and the phone call to Law.

"Shit, I knew that bitch was crazy!"

"Call Philipe and Cara in Argentina too see if they can help you sort this shit out with Zane. Report back to me immediately if you find anything. We don't have a lot of time."

Chase hung up and called Emilio. "Are we still on for the meeting today?"

Emilio yawned in the phone. Chase was working on zero sleep and his patiences were running thin. "I'm still waiting to hear from Vega."

"Well as soon as you hear from him call me immediately and why are you so got damn tired?"

"Man who the fuck are you talking too motherfucker," Emilio sat up.

"Remember if it wasn't for me, you and your punk ass agents would have never gotten this far. So fuck you and your questions."

"Look you little bitch, I'm the only reason your ass is not sitting in federal prison right now. Do I have to remind you of your crimes? Money laundering, kidnapping, slavery..."

Chase took a deep breath, "Emilio were you on a job last night? If you fucking lie to me I will kill you mysel..." The phone went dead.

Chase turned to Charlie.

"That motherfucker! I think he had something to do with Sasha's disappearance, get the Commander on the phone and tell him about this situation."

Minutes later. "Commander wants to talk to you." Charlie handed him the phone.

"Why am I just hearing about this Denson?"

"Sir, I just put things together."

"I got Sanders trying to find out if we have any agents in the field. Hold on."

Charlie jumped up.

"No commercial planes have flown in, but there was a small plane from Bermuda that flew in yesterday evening around four hours before Sasha's plane landed. Madeline used a fake name. She used Titiana Yakumova, the bad news is that she left three hours ago back to Bermuda."

Chase picked up the hotel phone.

"Charlie I need you to call this number, its suppose to be Madeline's contact information. If you get through try to keep her on the phone so we can trace it. Thanks."

The Commander still had him on hold checking to see if there were agents in the area. He also needed to ask him about agents in Bermuda. Chase wanted her arrested right when she stepped off that plane.

The Commander said, " there are two agents not that far from you and three agents in Bermuda. I will have someone at the airport to meet her."

"Thanks Commander." He hung up the phone.

"No luck, Chase. It went straight to voicemail."

"We will keep trying but first we need to find Emilio." The guys left and headed to the front of the hotel.

When they got to the front of the hotel there was a black town car. The door opened and a tall blond guy in a black polo and blue jeans stepped out.

"I'm agent Baymont and my partner Tinsdale." The other agent stepped out the car and they exchanged pleasantries. Chase explained the situation and they were happy to oblige.

"I actually know where Emilio lives. We have a tracking device on his car," Agent Tinsdale said. Tinsdale was a hard looking man. He had black hair and two earrings in his ear. He had a tiger tattoo on his right arm that looked like it moved every time he moved his arm. He was wearing a plaid shirt rolled up to the elbows and black stonewashed jeans.

Chase and Charlie got in the car and agent Baymont turned on his computer and seconds later a red dot appeared.

"It seems he is still at the house. It's about a twenty minute drive from here. Let's go." As the agents took off; Chase tried calling Madeline again, but this time it went to voicemail.

He wanted to sound as calm as possible. He had seen Madeline in action and she was a nonsense type of woman. He couldn't believe he had fallen for her.

Madeline and Chase had worked together on a case over two years ago. He had saved her from a shootout between two Columbian drug dealers. After the case they had started dating. A year later he asked her to marry him. She turned him down and walked away from the relationship. He was devastated for months and after finding Sasha he was ready to love again.

"Madeline called me we need to talk. You got the number." Chase hung up praying she would call back.

Sixteen minutes later they arrived at Emilo's house.

"Looks like he has company. We will go around the back, Denson go in through the front." Everyone got out and strapped on their vests and pulled out their guns.

Chase walked up to the front door. He rang the door bell and no one answered. He tried calling Emilio but he didn't get an answer. Looking through the windows everything looked quiet.

All of a sudden he heard gunshots. Chase took a step back and knocked down the door. He pulled out his gun and headed inside.

He heard screaming coming from up the stairs. He tried to radio Charlie but as he put the radio to his mouth, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head and then he passed out.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote,comment and/or fan.