Part 19 - Too Many Questions

"I love you." Those were the words he said to her. "I love you." Were the most intimate words she had ever heard.

The pain in her heart was far worst than the physical pain she felt. She knew she would never see Chase, her family or friends again. It was as if time stood still and she was in the place where your fate would be decided. Questions filled her head.

"Sasha Whittington, do you think you have been good on this earth to be welcomed into the holy gates or have you sinned way too many times and belong in hell?" She could hear the voices speaking all at the same time repeating that question over and over again. She put her hands against her ears. The voices were loud as she tried to defend herself. She was a lawyer for Christ sakes. "Yes, I belong in heaven. I love God's creations. I love smelling the rain as it drop from the sky. The flowers that permeated around the city make me smile and the love of my family, Chase and my friends make me happy. YES, I deserve to go, YES, YES, YES!" She screamed then the voices ceased.

Waking up to the darkness again had left her wet and cold. Was she dead?Had her fate been determined? Was she in Hell instead? Was she still in the cage? She began to cry but unfortunate nothing came out. She moved her body and faintly remembered she was still in her cage, her prison. The good thing, she was still alive.

Her lips were dry, her head was pounding she was so hungry and thirsty. Dizziness had taken over a few times and sleep came so easily. Taking off her wet shirt, she tried squeezing the water out as small amounts of water hit her tongue. Feeling like she was in the desert she kept squeezing until nothing was left. She reached out for what felt like food and placed it in her mouth. She gagged as the contents of whatever she ate was nasty as hell. She needed something in her system or she felt she would die. Wondering how Chase would take her death, she stared into the darkness.

She imagined him in a black suit with a crisp white shirt and his hair trimmed neatly around his head. Those blue eyes of his would show brightly as the sky as his tears would fall down his cheeks. He would pay his respects to her family and talk about the good times they shared. She would whisper "I love yous" to him every night as he slept. She would place kisses upon his soft lips and tickle his nose. He would cry and grieve a little while until he found someone else to take her place. She would watch over him until he met someone that would fill his dreams; giving him a wonderful marriage, children and beautiful grandkids. He would finally be happy and move on but the question remained could she?

She felt her skin burning and peeling from where that freak had hosed her down. She was so cold from where the bottom of the cage held standing water. She tried soaking the water in her shirt, but her strength was starting to fade. So she laid on her stomach as she licked the remaining water from the ground and ate the remaining food that was spilled from the bowl. She needed to stay alive, she needed to see his beautiful face again but it wasn't working. Her body was rebelling against her mind because she needed to use the bathroom. She needed to relieve herself and not having anywhere else to go she silently cried as she used it.

Moving slowly to the other corner like a cage animal she cried unshed tears. Her throat had become dry, visions of a happy family without her danced around and the feeling of just letting go overwhelmed her. Never picturing her life to end like this she sent up a silent prayer to watch over her family and Chase as her body relaxed and her eyes slowly closed and the darkness finally took over.

•••• Please don't hate me. Don't forget to vote and comment••••