Part 29 -Operation Piedras Blanca (Part Two)

Painful Rescue

Emilio woke up in a corner of a very unfamiliar room. His hands were in front of him and a blood stain was in the carpet. His left eye was blurry as his right eye didn't seem to move. He tried opening the right but it was closed shut.

Trying to get up he stumbled and fell. Looking straight ahead with his one blurry eye he crawled until he reached a highback chair. He eased up and gripped the arm of the chair. The mirror that faced him showed that his face was busted up; from a broken nose, to a busted lip and two black eyes with one completely closed. He shook his head. He was shocked that Alejandro hadn't killed him. Alejandro could be down right ruthless.

As he glanced at himself in the mirror he saw something lying in the bed. On one side of the bed a medicine pole stood with a package of blood and another one with clear liquid. He looked at it curiously as his feet took him closer. He looked down to see a black woman. He wasn't sure if his eyes were deceiving him or not, because if they weren't it was the black American attorney that Madeline had kidnapped.

"Awe shit," he said to himself as he looked at the sick woman before him. Her face had turned almost pale as if she had loss a lot of blood. Attached to her was a bag of blood that was half way gone and a IV pole connected to her. He wasn't a doctor but he knew that if that blood ran out, she would probably die. He began to panic. Alejandro had set him up. He was not going down for the death of the woman that laid before him.

He rushed to the door only to find it locked.

"Think Emilio," he said as his shoulder hit the door again. After multiple attempts he realized that the door was not going to budge. Then he remembered he had a knife in the heel of his boot. He sat down in the chair and maneuvered his hands that were still tied together. He kicked his heel and the heel came undone. A small hunting knife fell out from under the heel. He slid off the chair and began to cut the rope that were tied to his wrists.

The blade cut through the rope with ease. He paid a hefty sum for the knife and it was worth it. He rushed to the door thinking that he could pick the lock. He worked the knife in the slot but the lock didn't move. He looked around the room for a way out. Looking through the window, he saw men but the men weren't his, they belonged Alejandro.

Panic started to set in again. He wondered where Alejandro went. He remembered that Alejandro said he was leaving and that he begged him to take him with him. Emilio knew then that he would have to find a way out.

He heard a soft moan coming from Sasha. He walked back over there to see what was really wrong. He bent down in front of her to see her and her face was starting to turn a light shade of blue. He reached to touch her forehead and she felt clammy.

The blood machine started to beep. He noticed that the line that fed the blood into her arm had somehow clogged up. He limped to the bathroom and got a clean cloth. He ran the washcloth under the water and limped back in the room. Wiping around the clogged spot, he noticed the blood starting to flow. The machine beeping stopped and she seemed to breath a little better.

He felt a little relieved but he knew she was probably going to die. He sat on the floor beside her. He had seen the picture that Madeline had of her and she was beautiful, but now she looked like a totally different person. Her hair was matted, her skin was almost a purplish-blue and her heart rate was dropping. He felt guilty for putting her in the situation; maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Now if she died, it would be because he and Madeline made it so.

He began to wonder why Alejandro had Sasha. Alejandro must have taken her off the ship before it made it to Bahia. Emilio knew Alejandro was into exotic woman, but why had he chosen Sasha?