Part 22- Waking Up

Feeling softness encompassing her, in a thick soft duvet Sasha felt herself smile. "I must be in heaven," she said stretching her arms as a pain shot through her body.

"Por favor tenha cuidado," she heard a strange voice. Sasha pulled the duvet up to her chin. The voice she heard sounded familiar but it couldn't be? She stared into the grey eyes that she remembered from years ago. "Alejandro Santos."

"Oh my gosh, Alejandro are you dead too?" Sasha asked confused looking around. The cremey white walls had splashes of color throughout the room. Looking down she was no longer in the ratty t-shirt but in a long flowing gown. Her hands were wrapped and an a IV pole was attached to her.

"You are not in heaven, Sasha." He laughed. Sasha always did love the way he said her name with that sexy accent.

"Then where am I ?"

"You are in the beautiful mountains of Venezuela, in my home."

"How did I get here? I remember being in a ship chained up. There was darkness everywhere, I just knew I would die." The tears began to roll down her eyes.

Alejandro walked over to her and hugged her. "It's okay, you are safe with me." He rubbed her hair as she cried. Memories of them together came back flooding his brain.

They had met a few years ago when she came with Zane to Portugal to handle some land contracts. He thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She was sexy, smart and wasn't impressed by his bank account. She was very professional although he tried talking her into his bed but she had declined sweetly although there was some chemistry there. He tried to pursue her the three weeks she was there. He had wined and dined her but she kept it professional. She kept to her max of one glass of wine but they did have deep conversations regarding life, business and romance. They did share a passionate kiss but it stopped there.

She said she couldn't deal with a long distance relationship and she didn't know exactly what he did for a living. All she knew was that he was a business man but outside that she had no idea the criminal activity he was in.

"They took me from my hotel room and next thing I know, I'm thrown in a bottom of a ship and treated like trash. I can't believe this has happened to me. I think they had planned on selling me to the highest bidder. Why me?" She said through tears in her eyes. She was visually shaken. Her eyes roamed to the IV in her hand.

"When my associate found you, he said you were dehydrated. They carried you out of the bottom of the ship and we flew you here. I'm so sorry you had to go through this."

"How did you know, I was in there?" She turned to look in his eyes.

"You were on my ship. I was importing some items to a couple of ports, and my assistant went down in the base of the ship to check on some leaking water and he said he found you. I don't normally have stowaways on my ships, so he contacted me and I jumped on my helicopter and came to see for myself. When I saw it was you, I rushed you back here and called a doctor. You looked so fraile."

"Thank you for saving me. How long have I been here?" Sasha looked startled. Breaking free from his embrace, she looked around.

"A week." He said standing up.

"A week, oh my god," I bet my family is so worried about me. I need to call them. Oh no, Chase is probably worried out his mind. I don't know exactly how long I have been gone." The panic in her voice had him walking to the balcony as she got out the bed.

'The phone service here is staticky. We are in the mountains and the signals are really poor. What you need to do is rest. You are not at your best, love. Please just get in the bed and calm down. If you give me the numbers, I will try to call."