Part 28- Broken Hearts

Maria walked upstairs to see Sasha. When she got up there the door to the room Sasha was staying in was opened. Sasha was lying there with her face facing the ceiling with her eyes closed. She prayed she wasn't dead. Santos was stroking her cheek nodding his head as the doctor spoke.

"Did anyone know she was pregnant?" The doctor asked looking at the nurse and Santos.

"No," they replied.

"That's what I pay you for," Alejandro said looking at the physician with a look to kill.

"When I examined her, she was dehydrated and malnourished. No one mention pregnancy. The medicine I gave to help calm her was not designed for pregnant women. It seemed that she has developed a deep vein thrombosis or blot clot which travelled to the fetus causing it to detach from the placenta. Giving her venlafaxine was suppose to help her relax, but if I would have known she was pregnant I would have given her another form of IV treatment."

"Will she be alright?" Santos asked sitting in the bed rubbing her cheek.

"Sí, the fetus has been expelled from the body so she should heal, but the chances of her being pregnant again are slim. With the blot clots she suffered, I don't know. She needs to be in the hospital. She has lost a lot of blood and the equipment here is not advance enough to keep a steady flow of blood in her body." The doctor ran his hands down his pants. "She needs to rest but she needs to be in a hospital."

"I'm staying with her," Santos said. Everyone began to walk out the room. Maria stood there paralyzed thinking of Sasha losing her baby. The one she would never get to hold. She hoped that Michael's message was able to get Sasha out of the house of horrors. She walked off before anyone could see her.

"Eu sou assim, lamento muito a tua perda. I'm so sorry for your loss, sweetheart," he said speaking to her. Her skin had loss it's luster and laying before him was a shell of woman who was near death. When they saw the blood he had panicked. He could kill a man in cold blood and not think twice about it, but seeing her like this tore at his heart. He couldn't let her die. He would rather give her up before he let her die. He would find a way to get her what she needed.

"Santos I think trouble is coming. We think the FBI agent is headed over here. We need to leave."

"How long do we have?"

"About three hours?" Santos sighed.

"Make preparations. By the time the Federal police get here by helicopter or car it will take an hour."

"Sí, I will have everything ready."

"Goodbye my love, until we met again." He kissed her on her soft lips and left.

"Emilio, you have been a very bad boy. The woman that you had on my ship was pregnant and thanks to you, that baby will never see the light of day. You've killed it. It is the second unborn child you have had castrated."

"I don't know what you are talking about?"

"Vega made your wife kill your unborn child and now you killed Agent Chase Denson's baby. When he finds out that the woman he loved was kidnapped by you and you killed his baby he is going to tear you to shreds. Unfortunately I won't be here to see it."

Emilio looked dumbfounded. "I didn't know?"

"Well now you do! Evidence of your involvement with drugs, human and gun trafficking, kidnapping an US citizen and murder has been delivered to the US Government. I'm more than sure they will extradite you to the US for punishment. Oh, I almost forgot the guns used to kill those two men along with one hundred pounds of crack, heroin and ecstasy are downstairs. As of two weeks ago, I no longer own this home, it is officially yours."

"No, I did not sign any papers. I will not go down for this Alejandro."

"Oh you will, Luka Enterprises, this house, the ship and surrounding shipping yards belong to you and Madeline officially as of two weeks ago. You thought I didn't know Madeline was an agent. I make it my business to know everyone that works for me and with me. You see when you are arrested, I will buy everything back for little of nothing when the government seizes it."

Alejandro smiled. "I have been doing this way to long to be caught. Your dumbass thought you could try to get over on me? Zane told me everything. He was the one to suggested the buyout. His wife, your cousin, Gabanna was a real good fuck, unfortunately her time was up as of twelve hours ago. They will never find the body and as far as your father, who is lying in the hospital bed will be officially terminated as of mid-night tonight. The order has been signed and his life support will cease. I know Zane was setting you up so as a favor for you I killed him myself with my bare hands then I feed him to the gators. Don't let the suit fool you." Alejandro laughed as his men tied Emilio's hands.

"I figured I would save the cops some time and have you wrapped up and waiting. An early Christmas present from an anonymous donor."

Emilio eyes got big. He rather die then go through the torture of what the US Government would do to him."Please Alejandro, I will do anything? Please I beg of you to take me with you!"

"Are you a fool? I can't be associated with you, plus I need to be going."

Alejandro's bodyguards pulled Emilio up, kicking and screaming. One of his guards punched Emilio knocking him out cold.

"Put him in the room with Sasha. Do not inform his men of our departure. Let them fight it out with the Feds. Make sure the evidence in the study has all the signed paperwork. Nothing should be able to tie me to him. I will meet you two at the helo pad in five minutes."

The guards nodded and took Emilio upstairs.

Maria walked in and asked if he needed anything. Alejandro stared at her.

"No, but take this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a brown envelope. "There is fifty thousand dollars in there. You can start a new life. I am sorry for the years I have mistreated you. All I ask is that you do not mention I was ever here." She nodded.

He bent down and whispered in her ear, "because if you do, I will kill you in your sleep." Maria stiffened at the last statement as Alejandro left leaving her standing there alone.

::::::Action time is next. Not sure if I should write it today or next week. Tell me what you think. Thanks for reading, commenting and voting.::::