Chapter 7:A few days later

Back in Mel's POV
And I whisper " I love you too." Then I don't know what happens. I wake up the next morning and scream because I have no idea where I am. A nurse runs in and I realise I'm in the hospital.
"Are you okay sweetheart?"
"Yes, I'm fine I just didn't know where I was." I can feel my cheeks go red. She smiles and says that the drugs just confused my brain and walks out. I sit up and go light headed. I look round my room and find it is painted a light pink colour and then I notice some flowers next to the bed. I read the card and it says,
Dear Mel,
We love you lots
Xxxx
From Ash, Cal, Mickey and Luke.
I realise I'm smiling and I remember the dream. If only I could be that confident in reality. As I'm reading the card the door opens and a doctor walks in.
"Hello Queen Irwin."
"Hi doctor Chan" I love this doctor he is so funny and always knows what to say.
"Now, about why your here."
"What about it, isn't it because of my head."
"Yes, well about that..." Doctor Chan looks at his shoes. I see the upset expression on his face.
"What's wrong?"
"Mel, you have brain cancer." I give him a confused look and go to say it's impossible but he silences me.
"Mel, something upsetting triggered the tumour growth and now it is getting deadly." I look at him as the words soak in.
"Does it mean I'm going to die..." I feel the tears run down my face.
"No, it doesn't because all we need to do is put you on these special drugs that will kill the tumour."
"But how do you know it will work?"
"Because you have been on these drugs a week and the tumour is giving in. Mel this tumour will die."
"Is this all you can to tell me?" I give him a hopeful look and he smiles.
"That and you can go home." I try to jump up but stay strapped in my seat. He grins at me and turns to leave.
"You have a visitor." He tells me over his shoulder and no sooner did he leave Luke walks in.
"Hi, so your awake and alive and I'm so happy your okay." I notice a hint of sadness mixed in with the worry in his eyes.
"Luke, what's wrong?"
"Nothing..." I hear the regret in his voice.
"Luke don't lie to me, what's wrong?"
I'm use to getting my own way but all Luke does is mumble and all I can make out is Ashton and Josh. Ashton went to Josh. Ashton has disappeared.
"Wait what?"
"Ashton has gone awol." He gives me a sad look and I realise what he means.
"How long have I been here?"
"Only two days but your parents are still trying to get home." I remember that my parents are on holiday, meaning I'm on my own.
"The doctor said that something upsetting caused this." I give him a hopeful look, hoping he will explain more.
"Ye, he said anything upsetting will cause growth so we have to keep you as happy as possible." He grins at me and I feel a warm sensation fill my body.

Hi guys sorry for not updating I was on holiday without wifi plus I had writers block for this filler so I'm sorry that this is short but it will get better soon

Thanks for still reading
Mia 💖💖xxx