Chapter 18: forgiveness

Mel's POV

3 months. 3 months I gave myself. I tried to forget about him. I tried to love someone else. But I couldn't. Every waking moment, ever single tear was dedicated to him. My once happy life is now a dark empty abyss and I have no idea how to escape. He had come back home, he was here often as this is the best place to "hang" as Ashton calls it. My once brown hair is jet black, just like my broken heart (an: jet black heart). My innocence gone and left behind are the scars buried deep in wrists. I've completely given up, I have become a monster. I party, I get smashed, I f*ck the nearest guy I see, I have officially become a slut. I put on my shortest dress and plan the night, I'm going to hook up with the host Jack. I grab my jacket and walk down the stairs, they are all sat watching a film and since none of them have been around I take them by surprise.
"Mel?" Ashton's voice is scared probably more for me than him. I roll my eyes at him and cross my arms,
"No it's your dead mother, of corse it's me. What do you want?" I haven't put my jacket on yet and Ashton looks at my wrists but keeps his mouth shut, it's Luke who replies.
"What did you do?" His voice is barely a whisper but it rings clear in my ears, I chock back a sob and after a minuet I answer,
"I grew up." My words leave a frown on his face and as he opens his mouth to reply I silence him,
"Don't bother, you know what happened as you can see and you know who's fault it was so if you don't mind I'm going out." I started walking away until ashton says,
"Where?" I roll my eyes and carry on walking. I call behind me,
"If you must know I'm going out to get drunk and hook up with as many people as possible." I turn and see them all open mouthed and gobsmacked.
"This is what happens when your brother leaves on tour, this is what happens when your boyfriend kisses his publicity stunt, this is what happens when your alone..." I turn and  flounce out the door hopping on my bike and speeding off.
*****
Beer, vodka, shots, Jack, bedroom, clothes off, black out...
*****
That's all I can remember, I wake up in someone's bed and I'm naked. I get up, get dressed and leave. My head is pretty clear so I can drive, I grab the bike and speed home, I'm home in twenty minutes and as I open the door I get a text,
Last night was fun,
We should hook up again
Sometime xxx
~Jack
I grin as I've swept up another poor soul. I smell food and instantly back away because it smells like bacon and bacon is fatty. I take a deep breath and walk into the kitchen, I see the boys sat at the table with Ashton cooking. I roll my eyes and grab a stick of celery, I sit down and ignore the eyes on me. After a while it gets annoying and I snap,
"Can I help you?" They instantly look away and I leave. I pick out a bra top that shows loads of cleavage and some tiny shorts, I want to see the boys play with fire so they can get burned. I go back down stairs and watch as Michael does a double take. I hear Ashton growl and I see Luke gulp the poor boy is nervous. I sit down and text Bailey asking what parties are tonight.
"So" Ashton breaks the silence and is looking straight at me." If you go put on clothes on I was thinking we could go out." I stare at him, is he mad.
"I dressed enough thanks btw I went shopping while you where away and bought a new wardrobe so get use to seeing me like this." I wink at the boys and walk out.
"Come on then," I shout over my shoulder" meet you at the shopping mall in ten minutes." With that I hop on the bike and speed off. I'm there a few minutes before them until they finally arrive. We go to all the different shops  like forever 21 and river island. I saw this cute sales boy I'm forever 21 and Ashton caught us making out. We traded numbers and I let Ashton drag me out the store. He had seen me happy and he had seen me sad now he had seen me broken, and no glue in the world could put me back together ...

Sorry it's be forever I know so I made a really long chapter, only two more to go so hope u like ❤️ Mia