11. Rage

11. Rage

DELILAH

“It’s not like I want this cuddle fest to end,” I breathed, “but I need to tell you something.”

Nick shook his head that was currently in the crook of my neck. “No. I’m mad at you.”

“Doesn’t seem like you’re mad at me.”

He looked up from my neck and kissed my cheek. “I hide it well.”

I laughed and shoved away from him, leaning over the bed to grab my clothes. I went into the bathroom, grabbing a towel on my way into the shower. When I was under the hot stream, my mind kept going back to the “meeting” with Noah. The meeting with Doug no longer bothered me.

I mean, sure. He did come back into my life, but I’m an adult now. I can take care of myself and he’s not going to bully me—for lack of a better word—anymore. I’ve proven to him that I’ve changed.

And I have to admit, I have to give Rosalie props. She had truly changed Noah for the better. In a few ways, Noah is the same—but in a lot more, he’s different. Before her, I would’ve walked into that forest looking for a death wish. He would’ve punished me for becoming mated with Nick.

What am I going to do about the “plan” to give him his heir? I wasn’t pregnant, and even if I was, I would never give up my child.

Again, I have made a stupid mistake.

And they say third time’s the charm.

I stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel and walked out in to the bedroom to see the bed empty. After I had gotten dressed, the bedroom door opened. I turned and saw Nick coming in with breakfast.

For being mad at me, he sure is treating me different. He’s treating me like a child and I don’t like it.

He set the food down on the desk in the corner and laid back on the bed with his arms crossed behind his head. He looked at me and nodded towards the food.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Why are you doing this?” I said when I opened my eyes to look at him.

“Doing what?” he asked with an eyebrow raised.

I crossed my arms. “You’re treating me like a child,”

Nick stood up. “What are you—?”

“What? Just because I left to try and sort things out with Noah I’m not welcome to help myself and get my own food?”

Nick snorted. “Is this what your behaviour is about?”

“My behaviour?”

“Yeah,” He stepped towards me, “your behaviour. You’re the one acting like a child. You’re making a big deal because I missed the hell out of you and was trying to be nice and get my mate food because I know Noah didn’t give her any food?” He shook his head. “Well, I am sorry, princess.”

I blinked as he sneered. At first I was shocked. Then white hot anger came over me and I clenched my fists.

“Princess? What the hell is wrong with you?” I yelled at him.

My body was shaking in rage as he growled at me. I couldn’t believe this.

He laughed bitterly. “You know what’s wrong with me? Having a mate like you.”

I inhaled sharply as his stinging words registered in my brain. Fresh, angry tears stung my eyes but I refused to let them fall. He will not get the satisfaction to see that he has hurt me.

I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off with a snarl.

“Shut up.”

“Excuse me?” I gaped. This was not my Nick. This Nick was a monster. He was just like all the others.

“You heard me. Having a mate like you has caused me so many problems!” He looked up at me and his eyes were dark. Nothing like the blue that took my breath away. “You’ve changed me.”

My lips curled. “Well I’m sorry for causing you so much pain, Nicholas. I’ll be leaving now.” I turned to walk out of the room but he grabbed my arms hard, pulling me back into the room.

I growled at him and trying to jerk my arm out of his hard grip but he tightened it, causing me to bite my lips from the pain shooting throughout my arm.

“Let me go!” I growled lowly.

“No! Do you know what the hell you did to me when you left? I woke up in a panic attack. Kyle had to sedate me, Delilah. I couldn’t breathe! I could barely speak! I had no idea where you were! Ever since you showed up on my step and joined the Pack, you’ve weakened me. I’ve never been so weak my whole life!”

I tried to ignore his words. He was just outraged. He doesn’t mean any of this. Right?

“Fine!” I spat, trying to rip my arm out of his death grip that had tightened even more. I let out a moan of pain. “I’ll leave you!”

Nick slammed me up against the wall. My head hit it hard and sent a jolt throughout my cranium.

Let me go!” I screamed at him.

And that’s when he hit me. The sound resonated throughout the room and silence followed. I inhaled sharply. He blinked as the tears I had held back streamed down my face.

He quickly let go of me and held my cheeks in his hands.

“Delilah… I’m—”

I ripped his hands away as a sob let itself go out of my body. I shoved him aside and ran for the door.

“Delilah!”

I slammed open the door to reveal a livid Eric. I through myself in to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my head on his chest and let the sobs take over my body. His arms wrapped around me and lifted me up. I moved my arms to go around his neck as he took me to his room and slammed the door on his son. 

A/N: Do you hate Nick? I know I do XD Don't worry, it gets better for them... sort of. ;)