24. Silver

24. Silver

DELILAH

I shut the door softly behind me and slowly let out a breath. The death of Jared hit me hard. Matt didn't completely understand why it affected me so much-he only understood that I was a friend of Jared's.

Kyle was right. Jared's death was all my fault and I was clearly the only one to blame for it. I was the one that came here. I was the one to join the Pack. I was the one that made that idiotic deal with Noah before even thinking it through clearly. It was all my fault.

But I'm not going to start a pity party for myself. I still had Nick, Emily, Eric, and Kyle to think about. They lost their son and brother. I lost a friend, and even though I can't replace Jared, the mourning will be less painful. For them...the mourning will be the worst part of it all and it will never end for them. They'll still be grieving and thinking "he would've liked this," or "he would've loved this."

It will never end for them.

And I brought this upon them.

Before I knew it, we were at home. I pulled away from Matt and opened the door, quietly to make sure that I wouldn't wake up Tristan. However, I didn't need to worry about that. Peyton was in the kitchen with a crying baby in her arms. She looked dead tired-she had bags under her eyes, day old make-up on, and her black hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head.

Matt tried to grab my hand and pull me toward Peyton, but a yanked it from his grip as guilt and anger swept through me like a hurricane.

I didn't deserve his love. I was a walking disaster and everyone who I ever got close with, has left me. My parents, Nick, Kyle, and Eric. I lost them-I lost every single one of them.

I waved to her before climbing slowly up the stairs, not checking to see if Matt was following me. I silently prayed that he wasn't following me up the stairs. I just wanted to be alone right now and think of a plan.

I heard Peyton's voice ask Matt what was going on with me, but I ignored them and continued into my room.

I opened the door and my breathing got caught in my throat.

"Hello, Delilah." Noah said, playing with one of my bras laying on the ground.

"Why are you in here, Noah?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" He smiled.

"Because this is my room and we're in a house full of humans."

He rolled his eyes. "Not a very good reason."

"Fine," I sighed. "I don't want you here, okay? I really just want to be alone right now. You should know why, considering you killed Jared."

He smiled wider. "Ah, so you got my note?" He ran his fingertips down the pink lace cup. "I assume Nick, Kyle, Eric and Emily took it well?"

I clenched my fists. "Why did you kill him?"

He huffed and dropped my bra back on the ground. "Why did you kill my father?"

I rolled my eyes. "We didn't-"

He jumped across the room and slammed me against the wall, holding a knife up to my throat. The blade burned my skin, causing me to hiss. It was a silver knife.

"Do you want to try that answer again?"

"We didn't kill-"

He slammed me into the wall again. My head banged back against the hard wall.

He brought the blade to my cheek and pressed it hard against my skin. "Again?"

"Fine!" I gasped. "We killed your father. We didn't want to give you an heir! We knew that you would come after us so we didn't want to break any Laws and be stripped of our title. We had to do this! You should understand!"

He pulled it away and grinned.

"Good little pet." He slammed the knife into my stomach.

I gasped as I held back a scream. The silver burned in my stomach, poisoning me. The air smelt of blood and burning flesh. I slid down to the floor and grasped my stomach trying to rip it out before the silver killed me. My fingers wouldn't work and I couldn't grasp the rubber coated handle. I gasped for air and slowly, my eyes started closing.

Slowly and painfully, my eyes closed as I gasped for my last breath.

A/N: OUUUUUUU, cliffy ;)

Vote/comment :)