14. Explanations

14. Explanations

NICK

After Delilah left the house, I went upstairs into our—my room and sat on the edge of the bed. I want nothing more than to take back everything that had happened in the last three hours. The fight. Her leaving. The hit. Everything.

I winced as I replayed his hit in my mind. I saw her hurt expression and her tears as she shoved my hands away from her beautiful face. I promised her that I wasn’t like all the others. I promised her and I broke it because I let my anger take over.

My bedroom door opened and Dad walked in and sat beside me. “How’re you?”

“Miserable.”

Dad sighed and brought his arm around my shoulders. “I know, son. You just need to give her some space.”

I shook my head. “No,” I said, wiping my eyes. “She said she’s leaving me. We’re not mates anymore.”

“You’ll always be mates.”

“But she’s not here. If we were really mates she wouldn’t have ran away and now she left me. It’s seem like everything just happened in succession. She would’ve stayed if I hadn’t fricken hit her!”

Dad stood up. “There’s nothing you can do, Nicholas.”

I stood up and shouldered past him.

“Wait a second!” Dad growled and grabbed my shoulder pulling me back to look at him. His eye blazed in fury. “Don’t be ticked off with me, Nicholas. It’s not my fault. If you remember correctly, you hit her. You did this to yourself.” I snarled, but he growled and held me back from leaving. “If you’re going to act like this, go for a run. I don’t want you treating your brothers or your mother like this. You’re acting like a jerk, and I’m not liking it.”

“Fine,” I spat.

I stormed out of the room and into the backyard, stripping off my shirt as I reached the forest. I Changed and ran out of the clearing with my clothes in my mouth. I needed to get out of that house. Too many memories crowded my mind while I was in there.

I inhaled and stopped suddenly. That was her scent. Before I realized what happened, I was at the edge of a forest looking out into a backyard. I growled. There was Delilah, flirting and blushing.

That fast? Really, Delilah?

I just watched them as they talked. He leaned in closer and she blushed. He leaned in and kissed her. I growled lowly, wanting to sink my teeth into his neck. What hurt me even more was when she reached up and tugged on his hair like she always did to me. I’ve seen enough. I went into a bush and Changed back, throwing on my clothes and walked around to the front of the house, knocking on the door. I put my hands on my hips to catch my breath.

The door opened and I saw a woman open the door with a baby in her arms. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “Can I help you?”

I sent her a flirty smile. “Is Delilah here?”

She nodded and held up her finger, closing the door. The woman was beautiful, and two could play at the game she was playing.

The door opened again and revealed Delilah.

“What are you doing here?” She hissed as she shut the door.

Her lips were swollen and her cheeks were flushed. Yeah… she really broke up with me.

“I saw you kissing him.” I crossed my arms.

Her brows shot up. “You’re stalking me now?”

I smirked. “No, I was just going for a run and happened to see you and lover boy making out.”

“What I do now is none of your business.”

The door opened again and that’s when I got a good look at lover boy. He was a little bit taller than me, but I was more fit. His brown hair was messy and his lips were probably swollen as well. Lucky.

“It is damn well my business, Delilah.” I growled.

She laughed bitterly. “I dumped you, Nick.”

Lover boy put his arm around her waist. “She had a right to dump you. Your hit her. And for what purpose? You never hit a woman.”

I looked at him and clenched my jaw. “And you don’t know what happened, so shut up.”

Delilah stepped in front of him. “What is wrong with you, Nicholas?”

I growled. “My problem is you. You left me with expectations that you would come back! You dumped me three hours ago! And you’re already making out with a random person?”

Delilah looked up at me and her upper lip curled. “Matt is not some random person. I’ve known him since I was a little kid and I dated him. And yes, maybe I did just dump you, but I moved on. Matt treats me with respect. He always has. He’s never laid a hand on me and he was there for me throughout everything.” She reached into her pocket and threw my credit card at me. “And you can have this back. I don’t need your money.”

She slid her hand into his and turned to leave. I inhaled sharply and froze. Matt’s scent…

“You’re a werewolf…”

A/N: Yeah.................... I had too... I'm sorry

Comment and let me know what "team" you are. Team Nick or Team Matt ;) 

I'm personally Team Matt.... I've had this idea for a while to be completely honest with you... 

 Pictures of Matt won't show up... soo... That's him. 

Comment/vote/fan/share? :) Means a lot!