Epilogue

Epilogue

My flight landed in Toronto. I was surprising Matt with a visit. I called him this morning to tell him I wasn’t coming and he retorted by saying, “okay. But if you change your mind I’ll give you the address to the apartment.”

Needless to say, I was more than excited to see him.

After I killed Noah, I felt no remorse. I felt glad that he was gone and I was more than happy to have had justice unleashed on him. He deserved a painful death, but after everything he had told me when I turned myself in a couple months ago was the truth. Besides, he apologized—and I know that he shouldn’t be excused of the past because he apologized—and I forgave him in the long run.

I walked out of the Toronto Airport and hailed a taxi. I could’ve rented a car, but the flight already cost me my whole life savings and a loan from my mother. A taxi costs less than a car and it was my best option.

The blue and white car pulled up on the sidewalk and grinned. “Where to, ma’am?”

I gave him the address and the taxi driver zoomed through downtown Toronto. Ah, Toronto. I can’t say I’ve missed this city. As the capital city of Ontario, you’d think everyone would be nice. It’s the exact opposite actually. Everyone here are ignorant and cut everyone off. Not to mention, it has really bad traffic even at seven at night.

The taxi pulled up to the sidewalk of a huge building filled with condos. I gasped. I guess I should’ve expected Matt to live in a condo—after all, he was in the NHL.

I looked off in the distance and saw the CN Tower along with a big crowd outside of the Air Canada Centre with a billboard that said a Simple Plan concert was tonight. Joining Simple Plan—a personal childhood favourite of mine—was All Time Low and Marianas Trench. I personally didn’t mind those bands and wished I would’ve gotten tickets to that.

The CN Tower was lit up with colours of red, blue, white and pink. Toronto was a wonderful city that was completely over populated.

I walked up into the building after paying the driver. I reeled at the sight of the main lobby. It had marble floors, a bright crystal chandelier. White leather couches sat in the center of the lobby. There were surprisingly no intercoms, which I was thankful and fearful for. Thankful because I could still surprise Matt, but fearful that there was no protection in the building.

Oh well.

I went up the elevator and pressed number twenty, the highest floor. The elevator shook as it made its way up the shaft. When the door opened, I stepped out in to a thin hallway with two doors across from each other. I pulled a piece of paper out of my pocket and saw the rest of the address. I walked over to Matt’s door and knocked.

I waited a minute or so until the door opened and revealed Matt. His lips parted in surprise as my smile widened. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

“Hey, baby.” I beamed and grabbed his face, kissing him frantically. I truly did miss him. I had to wait a week to get this flight and it had been longer than I would’ve liked away from him.

At first, he didn’t respond. I was about to let go of him when his hands rested on my behind and he kissed me back. He turned us around and shut the door with his foot and rested my back on the wall.

He broke off the kiss and smiled. “What are you doing here? I didn’t think you’d come.”

I rested my feet on the ground and smiled wider up at him. “I missed you and wanted to surprise you.”

He leaned down and kissed me again. We heard a snicker from a couple feet away from us. I broke the kiss and looked over to see Scotty. Scott’s brown hair looked like it was in desperate need of a cut but you could still make out his brown eyes. He was muscular with tattoo sleeves on both arms. He looked familiar.