3. Move on

[ M a c y ' s P O V ]

'Hi Mace ! I really don't know how to write this kind of thing so I don't know where to begin ...

Let's just start from my apologize . I'm sorry for not telling you that I have to move to New York with my family for a couple of months , eight months to be exact . I was actually planning to tell you in homecoming but well you know exactly why I can't ...

Here's the thing Mace . I know that we are best friend , and I'm going to sounds really crazy . But I just need to tell you . I like you , not in a best friend kind of way anymore . I'm in love with you Macy Pieterse .

And it kills me that you never thought of me in that way . I was planning to confront this to you in homecoming , but you actually wanted to go with Sean so yeah ... I just wanted to make you happy so I agreed to go with Shay .

But it's okay Macy here's the good news . You don't have to worry about me anymore , you can now go on with your life . Because in the mean time I'm in New York , I'll try my best to forget about you . I still don't know if I can tho ... But I'll try , because I'm hurting too .

When I come back from New York , we can start fresh again . I'll no longer be the boy who has a major crush on his best friend who never feel the same way about him . Hopefully .

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY :) your present is in the box I really hope you like it .

Love , Brooklyn .'

.
.
.

I exhale slowly trying to breath normally again . I didn't even realize that I was holding my breath while reading the letter . Well about the letter ...

Brooklyn . So it's true he's moving to New York , but he said it's only for a few months . Which means He's going back , I can see him again . I can talk to him again , I can see if he's okay . Good news .

He said he's in love with me . Okay calm down Macy . I never thought about this before , this never cross my mind . But now I think about this .

I like him of course , but is it just as a best friend ? A huge flashback of him running through my mind right now hitting me like a tons of bricks . Hell yes , I'm in love with him too .

If only I realized this sooner , if only I listened to him . If only I gave him a chance . If only I took him seriously . If only I didn't agreed to Shay .

If only I came to homecoming with Brooklyn . A tons of regrets filled my head making me aching in pain . The tears now started to fall out from my eyes .

It's all my fault , I ruin everything . I hurt him . While all he did was to make me happy .

I'm such a selfish bitch .

Brooklyn I feel the same way as you , I love you too . Can't you be here now ? I want us again , this time we can be more than just a best friend .

Ohh God ... I wipe the tears in my face as I put back the letter to the envelope and place it beside me . I take the box and place it on my lap before starting to rip the paper and open the box . Oh my God , he even remember this thing ...

It's a flower crown that I wanted . I remember that day we went to the shop , I tried on this . He said I'm beautiful wearing this , but when I check the price tag it's actually pricey for a flower crown . I was on a tight budget that day so I didn't buy it .