19. Cold as Ice

[ M a c y ' s ]

I'm currently sitting in the middle of Will , Brooklyn , and Ian right now .And I have to admit that even tho I'm kind of pissed at the situation I'm still kind of grateful because at least they're all 'kind of' good looking . But that's if I'm only seeing the small picture of it .

Looking at the bigger picture I really should be cursing every moment . We have to fold 200 boxes in just three days that won't be a problem if everyone is working because then I'll only have to fold 50 . But I'm really not sure if they actually care about this .

Maybe Will does but he definitely doesn't care about the others , and that's actually the problem .

Brooklyn isn't really talking to me and I can only hope that he'll do his , because honestly right now he looks like he's regretting every single second on why did he came late today because if he's not then he won't be stuck here with us .

And then there's Ian . The whole school knows that he really doesn't give a damn about this , so there's like 99% chance that he won't do this . Even when Nadine had threaten to give our name to the principal he really wouldn't care , his dad is one of the head master's family so yeah no matter how any times he had been sent to there he won't be kicked out of this school .

"Um Okay ..." I clear my throat awkwardly as I only get Will's attention , but Ian and Brooklyn are busy with their phone . "In case you guys don't know who I am, I'm Macy."

I said as I mentally face palm because all I get is just a stare from Ian for like three seconds .

"We have to fold 200 so each one of us will have to fold 50 , right?" I said again as Will nod at me while both of them just stare at me blankly , well at least they got off their phone .

"We can come here and fold together, I'm sure it will be way more fun than folding alone." Will said but it seems that he's just referring to me rather than everyone here .

"Yeah that's a great idea, so tomorrow ?" I said as Will give a thumbs up to me , I look to the others who doesn't give any respond . "You guys should come."

"I'll see." Brooklyn muttered but he definitely avoiding eye contact with me . But I still nod at him and smile . Ugh Ian , he really seems deaf now .

"Ian ?" I question as he just shrug at me , I want to say something back but I don't want to make the situation worse . Oh wait , I should've at least have their number just so I can contact them later . Plus that means getting Brooklyn's new number .

"Can you guys please write your number ? Just so I can contact you later." I said as I hand out my hoping that they will take this in a nice way . Fortunately Will took my phone and start typing his number . But just for a moment that I actually feel right , Ian has to ruin it right after .

He got up from his seat and took his backpack as he walk toward the door , I was really taken aback by his action as I just do nothing but stare with an open mouth . Wait , I haven't got his number .

I spontaneously stand up from my seat and chase after him , but he got out before I even reach the door .

"Wait ! Ian!" I shout at him as we're outside the room right now , good thing that he's not deaf because he stops on his spot and turn back to look at me .

"What do you want ?"He said sounding frustrated at me , I was trying to catch my breath and it's definitely really hard because my heart is beating too fast just because how nervous I am with him .

"Your number." I said as he rolled his eyes at me . I was too nervous because I don't know why but he surely give some kind of vibe that makes me feel uneasy . I was too nervous that I didn't realize I was actually picking my nails until Ian realized it first .

He looked down to my hand and send me a weird look I was startled and embarrassed at the same time so I stopped it right away . He was just standing there without doing anything and honestly I was just confuse at he is right now .

Then it hits me , oh God stupid me . I was asking for his number but I didn't even bring my phone with me not even a piece of paper that I can write on .

"So you're going to memorize it ?" He said as he look to me like I was some kind of freak . I mentally slap myself how could I be so dumb .

"Yeah sorry I'll be right back." I said as I was nervously turn back as fast as I could to make my way back to the room . I'm sure that my face is red as a tomato right now .

"Stop." I freeze on my spot as I could feel a hand grip on mine . It was Ian's , his hand was warm so not likely his appearance which is cold as ice . It was a simple gesture but my heart skipped a beat . And to make it worse , he pulled me back with his strong grip .

I wasn't expecting that so my body is easily pulled and now I'm only a few inches far from him , with his hand still holding mine he look right to my eyes . I know this is the first time that I met him and talked to him but my heart is beating like crazy .

"I couldn't wait any longer." His voice was low and he released his grip immedietly , he took out his phone from his jacket pocket . he pressed a few button before handing his phone to me . Oh yeah , I could just use his phone . Stupid .

I wrote down my number and save it as a contact named 'Macy' I also sent a text to me saying 'Ian' just so I know his number because I doubt he will be contacting me himself if it isn't me . I hand back his phone to him that he took quickly .

Just as I was wanting to say goodbye to him , he left without any other word . Wow he clearly is something else .

I walk back to the room where I find Will and Brooklyn in the back looking like they were arguing something . Brooklyn is looking cold and pissed at Will who's stay with his smirk on his face . I walk to them as I overheard a few words from them .

"Aw how sweet you still care, but don't worry I won't tell her." Will said mockingly to Brooklyn who looks uneasy .

"You better watch your damn mouth." Brooklyn spat as I arrive on my seat and they both realize that they're not alone anymore .

"Oh hey . you're here Mace , here's your phone." Will said and gave back my phone to me , right so they're going to pretend like there's nothing happened . "You got Ian's number ? You know you could just ask me if you need anything."

"Yes I did, and thank you for your offer Will." I politely said to Will and sit back on my seat . And I don't know why but as soon as I sit on my chair Brooklyn got up immediately . Wait is it something I said ?

He coldly got up as he walked out of the room without saying anything , I was so confused but I saw a glimpse of smile on Will's face . I was about to question but he sent me a confused look right after , which only adds a lot more confusion to me .Okay for my own good I think I better avoid questioning about them .

"This is ..." I stated in disbelief about what happened just now . I don't know how to finish my sentence to be honest , it's literally a complete disaster . Why am I in a group with all of them , I really don't think that I could handle this .

"Don't worry about them too much." Will said half laughing as he seen my face , I'm probably having a very dumb reaction right now . "You know you could always ask me for a favour."

I smile at Will , well at least I got him here .

"Thanks Will." I simply said as I stare at him for a while , he's nice and all . He's definitely a best friend type material that I could have just like Brooklyn .

Oh, great now I just remind myself about him .

I really hate the fact that I actually have to constantly think about Brooklyn every single second .

It feels like my mind is accustomed to him .

I just wish that I actually have a reset button in my mind .

Because well ,

It's really funny even when you leave me alone I still can imagine you being here next to me , Did you put a spell on me ?

-:-:-:-