Chapter 12

'You're... You're Derek mate... Aren't you?' Erica's words echoed in my head. I stumbled off of the young wolf and fell back on my ass onto the carpet. My hands propped me up and I looked at Erica with the same face she was looking at me with; fear.

"W-what do you mean? What do you mean mate?" I stumbled on my words, feeling slightly dizzy. Erica's eyes grew wide and my vision started to blur. I saw her scramble to her feet and dash towards me before everything went black.

____

I woke up on the couch with Erica looking down at me, the second she saw my eyes open her face flushed with relief.

"Oh thank god!" She said, her head falling down and resting on the couch. "I thought... Well I don't know what I though... All I know is that you were just... Passed out." I heard panic in her voice and I felt bad for her slightly.

"Derek..." Was all I whispered out, I wanted Derek.

"There still at Stiles... You have been out for 10 minuets." My throat felt dry and scratchy, so when I spoke it was weak.

"Get Derek home... Now." My voice came out powerful and demanding. Erica's eyes widened and she nodded her head vigorously and scrambled to the other room to, what I guess, grab her phone. I felt a sudden anger now, not at Erica, or even Derek. Just at the whole idea that I could have a mate, and I don't even know WHAT THE FUCK THAT IS!

I listened in on Erica's phone call, wondering what she could be saying to Derek. At first I heard nothing but ringing, suddenly Derek picked up.

"Hello?" His voice sounded impatient.

"Derek?! You need to get home now!" Erica sounded panicked,

"What ever it is I'm sure that you can figure it out! If not Marcey can!" He was aggravated, it must not be going well at Stiles'.

"No! Derek! It's about Marcey!" It was silent for a few minuets,

"What's wrong with her?" I could hear a slight edge to his voice,

"I... Don't know. But she needs you. Derek please!" She was begging like a child would there parents for a new toy, I almost wanted to laugh. But I held it in.

"I'll be there in a second." Then the phone clicked off. I felt my inner wolf boiling in anger, wanting to know what everyone ells seemed to know except for me.

-

Derek seemed to burst into the living room, his chest heaving up and down from what I guessed was running. I sat on the couch as I scowled at the fuzzy carpet, and Erica sat on the chair across the room from me nervously playing with her hands. I mentally rolled my eyes, even though I knew the young wolf was nervous and clearly felt bad for blurting out what she did... But I paid no mind to her as I let my eyes shift from the carpet to Derek, who was standing in the doorway with a nicely tight fitted shirt; showing off his toned chest.

I pried my eyes off his chest before he could notice my staring and looked him in the eyes,

"I need to talk to you." My voice was calm as I stared at Derek, not allowing any emotion to come to my face; keeping it 100% blank. His eyes flashed to Erica for half a second before looking back to me and doing a curt nod.

I stood up and walked back into Derek's room, just figuring it was a better place to talk.

I shut the door behind me and turned to face Derek who was sitting in the bed, and if I hadn't known him better I would have missed the tiny ounce of worry in his eyes. I sighed and gently shook my head, crossing the room so I could sit next to him. He shifted slightly so I could sit better and I let out another sigh; this one slightly louder than the last. I bit my lip gently and then finally met Derek's eyes for the first time sense we entered the room,

"What's ..." I paused and cleared my throat before restarting, "what's a mate for a werewolf?" Derek seemed taken aback by this question,

"Um... Why do you ask?" He slightly stumbled on his words, I raised my eyebrow slightly

"Just answer the question Derek." I basically stated,

"Well...Werewolves mate. Mate is like a soul mate. So just like wolves who find a mate and mate with that other wolf for life that is what a werewolf does too. And no is not like the imprinting that twilight series was talking about. " Derek smirked at me, automatically knowing I was thinking to twilight and knowing that this sounds alot like that. I nod slowly,

"Ok... So to be someone's mate... You have to have sex with them? Then your automatically there mate?" I was confused, not really understanding this.

"No... Well in a way...but no. You are already the persons mate. You just know it... And you can stay that way for as long a you like... But it's not until you have... Sex... With your mate that you fully claim them as your mate." I nodded slowly, starting to understand this.

"Oh.... Ok." I said, trying to grasp this. Derek kind of have me a look before clearing his throat,

"So why did you want to know this?" I looked at him, I already felt it. I knew it. From the first day when I attacked Erica over her being so close to Derek, and why my room is still trashed because of the rampage I went on when I found out they had sex...

"Derek..." I said, looking up from my hands that I was previously looking at. Derek looked at me with expecting eyes,

"I... I think your my mate."

_______

OH SNAP!! (; I hope you like!!!(: VOTE COMMENT AND FOLLOW!!!(: sorry it's short! But it's the 4th of July and I was out with friends watching fireworks! Just got home and whipped this out

-Tristin