Chapter 41

I looked at Cora with an unreadable expression, why would she come all the way over here just to find out shit about her brother? something was up.
"What does it matter to you?" I asked,trying to not make that sound as rude as it came out, she stared at me for a few seconds before stepping closer.
"Because I know that you're not just a fling to him. he's been way to upset over a spousal 'fling' to even make that story sound real." she said flatly, I narrowed my eyes slightly at her,
"What's going on? why are you here?" she shuffled her feet around before looking me in the eyes,
"If you ever cared for Derek. I need you to come with me now."

*Isaacs POV* (a/n idk if I have ever done Isaac's POV before... YAY FOR FIRST TIMES)
Jessica and I sat down in the car as Cora went and got Marcey, I was shocked when she had come up to me earlier demanding to know what was going on with Marcey and Derek... I obviously didn't tell her; just told her that she needs to ask either Derek or Marcey that question. So... I guess that's what she's doing.
I chewed nervously on my lower lip as I waited for Cora to come back down with the answers she had been wanting... I wasn't sure how she was going to react to us.
mad?
mad that we hadn't told her earlier about her brother?
hold it in?
hold it in until she see's Derek and then unleash all her bottled up emotion? I let out an aggravated sigh an gently fingered my hair, before tugging at the ends. fuck. I leaned my head against the cool window and watched as it fogged up slightly more than it 'already was from my breathing, I closed my eyes and counted Jessica's heartbeat that was coming from the back seat, 1, 2,3,4,5,6... And so on. I smiled slightly to myself; wishing to pause time at this moment. yeah we were both in suspense, but this moment right now... us both in the car with only the sounds of us breathing? I liked it.
My thoughts were suddenly ripped way by the sound of the slamming door,
"oh no..." I whispered to Jessica, but as I slowly opened my eyes I was upraised to see not only Cora, but Marcey coming into the car. 'what?' I mentally thought... something didn't go right.
"Marcey!" Jessica cheered as Marcey slid in next to her, Marcey wrapped her into a hug and Marcey and I locked eyes; guilt. that's all I could see in them. I quickly turned away from the girl I once called my best friend, while she was having a sleepover with Scott Stiles and Allison. Jessica, Derek and I were all mourning for her absence. I didn't see the fairness in that.
So i kept my eyes locked on the dashboard as we sped off into the night... wondering why Marcey was suddenly with us.

*Marceys POV*
Awkward was the best word to describe this situation.
So I was very relived when I was able to get out if the car as I made my way into the building i once called my home; once.
Isaac, Cora, Jessica and I all rode up the elevator in silence.
I had no idea what was about to come... but I must say I was surprised when the doors dinged open to revile an empty loft,
"Uh... so why am I hear again?" I asked quietly, I faintly heard Isaac scoff as he and Jessica walked to his room. I felt my eyes grow sad but I quickly flickered them back to Cora who was walking closer to me.
"Damage control." was all she said as she walked down the hallway and to the other side of the apartment where I couldn't see her, I sighed and moved around so I was sat down in the couch, secretly dreading the unknown that was about to come.

It wasn't that long-I must admit- that I had to wait, the sound of scuffing feet and two rapidly beating hearts grew closer and closer. and I knew why Cora wanted me here.
Derek had moved on. found another girl, and the wolf in my didn't like that.
So the second that the door opened and Derek sauntered in with the clumsy brunette, I was on her in a second.
I could smell him all over her; see the hickeys that had no business being on her neck!
I wrapped my hand around her throat but did not squeeze, I let my eyes shine bright red and i let out a tremendous growl, so loud that I would barely hear Derek's shocked voice as my name passed through his lips.
"Marcey?" he asked, sounding much like a broken child. I stood up; hoisting the bitch up by her neck as I faced Derek,
"I'm glad I left." I growled out, my voice venom. "because I see now how much our relationship meant to you! 5 days and you already go running out to find whores? that's very unlike you Derek. yet I was once told by an alpha I used to look up to very Much... 'People surprise you.'" I spat out my reply,
"You left." he said, his voice low. "HOW LONG WAS I MEANT TO MOURN?!" He screamed at me,
"LONGER THAN THIS!" I yelled back; equally as loud. this is what I needed. I needed to tell out my feelings, I tossed the girl who i had in my hands, across the room as if she was a rag doll.
"THATS SO FUCKING SELFISH!" I raised an eyebrow at my mate.
"Really?" I asked, sarcasm dripping. "because it always felt as if YOU NEVER GAVE A DAMN! THEN YOU MOVE ON FROM OUR CONNECTION AS MATES AND GO AND TRY TO FUCK SOME OTHER GIRL! HOW MANY OTHERS DEREK? HOW MANY?!" I hadn't realized I was crying until I tasted saltiness in my mouth, Derek looked away from me.
"None." he whispered, "I have been in my room this whole time." my eyes flickered to the door that held behind it mine and Derek's old room.
"You were going to have sex with her in that bed..." I stated the obvious, Derek's eyes met mine. "My first time having sex was on that bed... and you were going to contaminate by fucking a DIFFERENT girl other than your MATE?!" I saw only hurt in Derek's eyes.
Good.
I go to turn around and leave but I see Cora standing in the doorway,
"She's your mate?" she whispers out.

______________

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM:
hey_its_tristin