Chapter 44

Thank you to:
Cutehellogoodbye for helping me out in the beginning of this story when I had no idea what to write and I was debating if it was even worth it to write this story! you are my inspiration!
&
Karen0411 for helping me along halfway through this story and writing it in Isaac and Jessica's POV! Keep on writing baby girl! the story isn't completely over yet!(;

I'm sad to end this story but exited to start the sequel (will be revealed soon) so thank you EVERYONE who has read this! it means so much to me and I hope you enjoy this book and the more to come from it!(:
-TristinM
______________________________________________________

It was the best damn sleep I've had sense I left Derek. it was hard to admit... but I missed him.

But I wasn't about to tell him that! sadly I was to hard headed. so instead I stripped out of the clothes before my dad could come in and question why I had on my ex boyfriends clothes on and I quickly got changed into some dark jeans with a maroon colored top, I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and left some strands hang loose for fashion purpose.
I pulled on my brown heeled boots that went up to my high shins and walked down the stairs to the living room, I smiled at my dad and grabbed my keys before he could question where I was going.
The burden of what I was about to do weighed heavy on my mind... I was unable to shake the thought last night until I fully went over all my options and weighed out this as the best one, I guess you could call my desperate.

I took a deep breath as I folded my hand into a fist and gently knocked on the dark brown door that stood in front of me, I stood there and tapped my foot impatiently; clutching my purse tightly to my side with nerves flying every way possible.
The door opened and there stood a shocked Ethan,
"Marcey?" he asked,
"Yeah.." I whispered, my stomach feeling like one of those prison balls that they would chain to a prisoners ankle to keep them from going anywhere. "and I want to speak to my uncle."

____

"And... he's right in here." Ethan said as he stepped to the other side of the hallway and let my gaze fall onto a large oak wood door, on the frame the letters 'A.D' were carved in and I could only guess what they could mean, standing tall and intimidating with tally marks on either side of them. I swallowed my fear as I sheepishly nodded to Ethan,
Who in return just gave me a concerned look.
I brushed this off and inched closer, my feet making noise as they shuffled across the floor. My arm screamed out in protest as I lifted it up and unwillingly knocked on the door.

A few heart pounding seconds later I was met by the all to familiar voice speak up,
"Come in." he said tiredly and half heartily, like he honestly could care less about who was in the other side of the door; which was probably true.
My hand darted down and turned the brass knob before I could have any second thoughts and I swung the door open, it made a loud 'bang' as it collided with the wall and I cringed slightly,
"Oh... sorry." I muttered as I walked into the decent sized office,
"Ah, Marcy." my uncle said, sounding very pleased to see me standing before him. "you were always one to make an entrance... now, what Brings you to stand before me once more?" He had been doing something but now had his hands folded and placed on top of a stack of papers, looking to my direction with his unseeing eyes.
My throat felt dry, my palms sweaty and I felt that feeling in my stomach, that feeling like you're going to throw up but you just can't.
"Well..." I started, but quickly cleared my throat and tried again; this time with more confidence, I looked my uncle right in the eyes, even though he couldn't see me I tried to imagine him once more as I did when I was young... young and oblivious to what the world held.
"I want to find out more about my mom." I said, watching my uncles face intently before continuing on,
"And I'd like to join your pack."
_________

"And that's the pack." my uncle said, a smile stretching across his face, "Now, I presume that you'd be moving in the the apartment with the pack?" I smiled, a small smile though. One that was filled with sadness and regret... and hope that I was doing the right thing.
"Yes." I whispered, thinking of how I was going to tell my dad I was moving out once more. my uncle smiled at me with happiness,
"Great! we will have a room cleared out for you by tomorrow night." my eyes widened in surprise,
"But... I don't know if I can be out by then?" I questioned, I hadn't imagined telling my dad this soon, I know he'd flip. My uncle just smiled as he walked me to the front door and opened it,
"I'm sure you'll manage." was all he said as I walked back out into the hallway,
"it's hard to just pick up from where you left off. Left with almost nothing... So how do you expect me to do it?" I asked my uncle, he sighed deeply
"You're a smart and strong girl darling. you'll manage." before I knew it the door was shut and I was faced with an unwelcoming silence, I sighed deeply and turned around; only to be met with the shocked face of Allison. shit. I had forgotten she lived in this apartment complex also!
"Uh.. hey." I said, really hoping she wasn't going to question my being in the alpha pack's apartment.
"Uh... please don't tell me you really just came from there?" when I didn't respond she just turned and walked away, disappointment radiating off of her.
I tried to hide the tears from anyone who could see as I tried to hold together my sadness of Allison being mad at me, but they just didn't understand. Being a where wolf it was eat or be eaten. And I didn't want to be eaten.
________

My dad ran a hand through his brown hair that was specked with grey hairs here and there, his tired eyes looked up at me and met mine,
"Is this because of Clara?" my dad asked, I scrunched my eyebrows together,
"Who's- oh, the blonde?" I asked, my dad nodded. I sighed and shook my head, "as much as I am upset about finding about your stupid girlfriend that way... no. that's not why I was to move out." I'm not going to lie when I say I contemplated just telling my dad that I was moving out because of the girl who I found him with the other night, (who's name I just found out to be Clara) but then I figured my dad doesn't deserve that.
My dad looked at me and I could see the tears brim his eyes,
"Then why do you want to leave? you just got back." It was my turn to sigh and run a hand through my hair,
"I just... I feel like I just need to get out in the world."
"And you didn't get that with Derek?" my dad asked, saying Derek's name like it was poison. My inner wolf turned bitter that my dad would use Derek's name like that, but I mentally slapped myself. No. I'm not going to stick up for Derek. We're done and need to stay done.
"No," I whispered out, "I felt like I wasn't seeing what I wanted to see." I saw my dad make a face and I let a laugh bubble past my lips,
"Not like that dad! scenery wise!" I heard my dad blow out some air and I giggled, but I quickly took his hands in mine and looked him deep in the eyes, "it won't be like last time. i'll come back to visit more often. I just got to get my mind off him... and staying here isn't helping me forget him." my mind instantly flashed back to the pile of his clothes I had up in my room, I made a mental note to do something with those... I couldn't possibly bring them into my uncles apartment.
My dad smiled softly at me and I saw hurt flash across his face,
"I guess your smarter then I was..." instantly I knew he was talking about mom, even after everything we went through dad never moved us out of the house I had lived in my whole life.
I squeezed his hands,
"You're strong dad. I wish I could be like you." my dad smiled faintly at me and patted my hands before leaning back in his chair and letting out a breathy 'ok.' and I took that as my cue to leave, so I scooted my chair back and walked up the stairs, regretting every step.

___________

*Dereks POV*

Despite my disliking... I had practically Been waiting by the phone all night. I felt like a high school girl... not a grown alpha werewolf.
Isaac has been worried about me, I could tell by his constant glances in my direction and then the sad gleam in his eyes when he saw I hadn't moved.
The alpha side of me wanted to snap at him and tell him not to worry about me and do something useful, but the realistic side of me (that hasn't been showing itself lately) knows that Isaac has every right to be worried, and that I should be more worried also.
But despite my disliking of all of this... There was nothing I could do. nothing at all.
I nearly jumped off the the couch when Allison ran into the apartment in a panic, I looked at her in alarm as she clumsily ran up to me; her breathing shallow and rough.
"Derek!" she gasped at me, I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Yes?" I asked her
"It's Marcey!" my heart rate picked up and I stood up so I was looking down at Allison.
"Is she okay?" I asked, my response coming out a little to fast, she shook her head and I saw Isaac and Jessica come out from wherever they were and walk up behind Allison,
"Well what's wrong with her?" Isaac asked, his voice hard.
Her eyes flashed between everyone before she said her response,
"She's moving into the apartment above mine." I relaxed and let out a sigh of relief, but became confused when Isaac and Jessica didn't seem relived at all,
"Well that's not bad." I paused, "right?" Isaac, Jessica, and Allison all shared a look,
"Derek do you know who lives in the apartment above Allison?" Isaac asked, suddenly it all clicked. but before I could respond Jessica said it out loud,
"The alpha pack Derek."
_______

*Marceys POV*

I was pulling the last box out of my car, I liked to get everything packed and done fast because I didn't joke around.
I was about to close the hatch of my Mini Cooper when a voice startled me,
"Need help with that?" I turned around to see Derek standing behind me, shocked I shook my head.
"I'm fine." I said, deciding to stand my ground.
Derek let out a sigh and stuffed his hands in his pockets,
"Why are you doing this?" I stared at him for a few minuets, Trying to find an emotion other than sadness in his face.
"Derek you won't change my mind." I said stubbornly, he clenched his jaw tight.
"What about Jessica? you plan on just leaving her high and dry? you sighed those adoption papers Marcey!" I flinched at how he said my name,
"And you're on those adoption papers also. so you're able to care for her also." I went to turn around and leave but his broken voice stopped me,
"I love you."
Maybe it was the way he said it... but I felt the tears start to form in my eyes. quickly I pushed them down and I whipped around and ran at Derek, I threw my arms arms around him and I pressed my lips to his.
I did miss this feeling.
His lips on mine.
But it couldn't last.
I pulled away and smiled sadly at him, I bent down and picked up the last box I had and stood up straight.
"Maybe some day I will be able to move back in with you." I paused, wanting to word this right. "But I just can't right now." he went to open his mouth but I cut him off,
"Say thank you. because as of now I'm keeping the alpha pack away from you." I smiled at him one last time and got on my tip toes and kissed his cheek,
"But yes. I love you too." I looked into his green eyes before turning and walking away. feeling the closer I had yet to feel, and knowing I had made the right decision for my happiness.
So as the sound of Derek getting in his car and his heartbeat getting farther and farther away... I smiled for the first time in a while, and mentally thanked myself.
I thanked myself for going into those woods with my two best friends.... To meet the man who needed my help, and ended up helping me along the way.

THE END (for now)

(Go to next "chapter" for information on sequel)