12

"So kids, we have big news." My father said, as soon as we got our drinks. Oh god I know what this is. I take a sip of my drink and prepare for the worst news ever.

"We are....." I close my eyes, I really don't want to hear this. "Getting married!" They both exclaim.

"Oh yay!" Mali screams, getting up and hugging them both. I just smile, I'm really happy for my dad, and I love Joy and Mali, but Calum is such a dick. I can get over it. I thought, for the sake of my dad's happiness.

"Congratulations guys." I said, following Mali, by getting up and hugging them too.

Calum is the last to say something. He turns to me and wraps is arm around me. "Welcome to the family guys."

_______________________________________

The next day I wake up, and get ready for school, I put a maroon romper on and some flats, then I put my hair in a bun and do some makeup. I look at myself in the mirror. Good enough. I didn't want to be too fancy today, but I was tired of just wearing jeans. So a romper was the perfect choice.

I walk down the hall to the kitchen and see Calum standing by the door looking antsy. "Hurry up Theresa we have to go." We literally have 2 hours before school starts.

"Geeze Calum what's up your butt, school doesn't start for another two hours."

"I know that, I'm picking the boys up and were going to get coffee." Of course we are.

"Okay just one second." I said, running to my room to grab some money.

On the way back to the door I bumped into Joy. She told me that her and my dad had to tell me and Calum something. We walked back into the kitchen and Calum was standing at the table with my dad.

"So," my dad started, "Joy and I are going to our families to tell them about the wedding in person. We are going to be leaving tonight, sorry this is last minute, we were just very excited to tell everyone. We are going to be gone for 10 days. Mali is in charge, but when she's gone Calum is. Theresa be good for them okay?" He asks. I nod.

Me and Calum head out the door and to his car. It was the day of the party and I was very nervous. It would be my first high school party.

     "So are you ready for tonight?" Wes asks as I sit down next to him.

     "No, not really, Im super nervous."

     "You'll be fine." He reassured me.

     School went by fast and soon I was in the back of Calum's car on our way back to my house. Calum, Luke and Michael were talking about the party when Michael turned his head towards me.

     "So are you going to the party Tess?" He asked.

     "Yes." I replied.

    Calum looked at me through the rear view mirror.
  "No you're not." He said

   "Excuse me." I relied to him, "who are you to tell me where to go?" I asked.

   "I'm in charge of you and I don't want to be a watching you at this party."

   "What do you think I'm gonna do?" I asked, "go insane and snitch on you again?" I teased him.

    "You're not going and that's that. If my mom finds out I let you go to a party like this one she will kill me."

"It won't be that fun anyway." Like turned around to look at me, "just a bunch of smelly teenagers drinking gross drinks." It was cute that he was trying to make me feel better but does he not know that I know what alcohol is. I've never had it but I'm not totally oblivious to it.
    I didn't reply to either of them. I just pulled out my phone to tell Wes that we have to sneak in to the party.

  When we got to my apartment I booked it to my room to start getting ready. If Calum thinks he can tell me what to do he has another thing coming for him.