Twelve

After that first night things for Louis seemed to calm down a little bit. His days consisted of hanging out in the library, going on little adventures with Harry, or helping Ella out in the kitchens. Most of his days he was hanging out in the library because, Harry was always in meetings, not that he minded, and Ella usually didn't need his help.

Today was one of those days and to be honest, Louis didn't feel like going to the library. He was tired of staying the castle. Visits to the Royal garden were restricted because people could possibly get a glimpse of who Louis was. Which to him was really confusing to Louis. Why would they want to hide his identity, sure it was for "safety precautions" but it was a little over board in his opinion.

So he decided to do something risky and sneak out of the castle, it's not like anyone was going to know who he is right?

______________

Surprisingly, sneaking out of the castle was much more simpler than Louis thought it would have been. He simply put on the clothes he showed up in. The possibility of him trying to sneak out in his new clothes was definitely not going work. The guards would catch him and he would probably be locked into his room until Harry got back. Definitely not fun.

When he was walking the halls of the castle no gave him a second glance and he easily slipped out of the back of the kitchen.

Soon enough, he found himself in the town, and in that moment he realized how much he missed the town and the atmosphere of the place.

He passed a couple of shops and saw a familiar shop that he must have been in at least a hundred time. On the front of the shop was Lou's Wardrobe in curly writing. A small grin made it on his face as he opened the door and the familiar ding of the bell welcomed him into the shop.

"Hello welcome to Lou's wardrobe how may I-" the women at the desk looked up at the customer and stopped mid sentence.

"Hey Lou..." Louis said sheepishly knowing exactly what was coming next.

"LOUIS WILLIAM WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THESE LAST FEW WEEKS! I HAVE SEEN OR HEARD FEOM YOU IN FOREVER!" The women yelled while running up to the boy. Louis simply opened his arms and gave her a big hug.

"I've been busy Lou in sorry. I should have tried to contact you sooner, but I've been busy sorry." Louis said his voice muffled by Lou's shoulder.

Lou removed her self from the hug and stood in front of the boy her hands on her hips.

"I've been worried considering what happened to your step family." Louis said almost in tears.

"Lou what the heck are you talking about?" He asked confused.

"You don't know?",Lou asked and Louis simply shook her head, "well it was the talk of the town. Anyway apparently your step-family got caught in some sort of fraud thing involving your fathers will. Apparently when you turned 18 everything was supposed to go to you. But your step-mother, being the women that she is, decided to keep everything to herself. The royal counsel found out banished them from the kingdom. I was worried that they took you with them but I guess not." Lou said with a forced laugh.

Louis sat there for a couple of seconds stunned by what he just learned. I mean he knew that his step-mother was a bad person, but he didn't realize how bad she actually was. Lou looked at the boy curiously.