Sixteen

Louis woke up and felt a warm presence on his back. He lifted the cover and saw an extra set of legs and arms, wrapped around him like a vine. His sleepy mind could process what the heck was going on so he did way any normal person would do in this situation. He screamed. Really loud.

The scream sent the person who was wrapped around him onto the floor. He heard a thud followed by some groaning on the floor. More awake now Louis slowly crawled to the edge of the bed and looked over. Laying on the floor, was a very disgruntled Harry. Oh now it makes complete sense Louis thought.

"What the-" Harry said confused as he looked up from the floor. Two bright , blue eyes peaked from the edge of the bed, mirroring the same look as his eyes.

"Uh-sorry Harry forgot that I fell asleep in your bed. And I kind a got scared that um Nick had found me. So I did what any normal person would-" Louis was cut off by Harry.

"Hey Lou calm down its fine. I love being woken up at 6 in the morning by high pitched screams." Harry said.

Louis let out a small giggle at that. And Harry had a huge, dopey smile at the boys giggle. Why is Louis so perfect? Harry thought, while looking at the beautiful boy in front of him.

"I'm really sorry about that whole screaming thing. I guess I forgot that I feel asleep in your bed." Louis said with a guilty look in his eye.

"It's fine boo. Do want some breakfast since you missed dinner?" Harry asked.

"Yes please." Louis said.

____________________

After a delicious breakfast with Harry, Louis was left to his own devices as Harry had some important business to do. Louis wandered the castle aimlessly not really paying attention, when he bumped into something. Well more like someone.

Louis looked up and saw a boy with bright blue eyes, and a shock of blond hair looking down at Louis.

"Are you ok there mate?" The boy asked, he had a very prominent Irish accent.

"I'm fine. Sorry I don't see ya there was lost in my own thoughts." Louis said.

"Eh it's ok mate happens to the best of us. What's your name?" The boy asked with kind eyes.

"Louis, yours?" Louis asked.

"Niall Horan nice to meet ya Louis." Niall said.

"So Niall what exactly do you do here in the castle?" Louis asked noticing that the boy want wearing the typical uniform.

"Well you see I'm a cook here...sort of?" Niall said unsure.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you see I'm married to the head guard Liam. And he didn't want to commute home every night, so he got me a job here as an assistant cook. But the cooks don't really need me that much, so practically I just wander around the castle looking for odd jobs to do." Niall said.

"Well lucky for you Niall I am in a similar situation as you. Do you want to hang out in the library with me?" Louis asked, glad to have some sort of company finally.

"I don't think that we can go into the library Louis?" Niall said sheepishly. Louis looked confused at the boys demeanor change.

"What do you mean Niall? Of course we can go into the library I always go in there." Louis said confused at the boy.

"You can't just go into the library?!" Niall yelled, "that's Prince Harry's personal space, he doesn't let anyone in there without his permission." Niall said. Louis looked at the boy dumbfounded. That was literally the first place Harry showed Louis when he first came to the castle. Then it hit Louis. No one ever came into to the library with him, except maybe Liam, but only when he was doing his rounds.

"Um wow that explains why nobody ever comes in there with me." Louis said with a breathy laugh, "but you see Niall I'm Harry's...I'm Harry's, actually I don't know what I am to Harry. I guess you can say we are courting?" Louis said trying to figure out what Harry was to him.

"W-wait your Louis the Louis." Niall said looking at the boy with his mouth open.

"What do you mean by the Louis?" Louis asked.

"Oh my god. Fuck! I mean frick...I'm good to loose my job, and I'm going to be exiled for saying bad words like that. Good going Niall now Liam is going to be alone forever and lord knows that man-" Niall rambled.

"Niall what in the world are you talking about." Louis said laughing slightly at the boys outburst.

"You don't know how much power you have do you? Well you Louis, if someone makes you upset Prince Harry will not hesitate to fire them. Or even worse, banish them from this kingdom." Niall said whispering that last part like it was a big secret

"Oh my god...that boy I swear. Anyway Niall I won't get you fired of you come to the library with me." Louis said. Niall smiled with a wolffish grin and follows Louis to the library.

______________

Having Niall as company in the library was great. The library didn't seem so cold and lonely anymore. And despite Niall's loud and bubbly personally, he could be quite for long periods of time. If you gave him a good book. It was so nice that Louis didn't know it was sunset already, until someone knocked on the door.

A couple of seconds after the knock Liam opened the door, and stuck his head in.

"Hello Louis, Prince Harry would like to see you down in the gardens when you get a moment." Liam said.

"Of course Liam, and I bet you want your husband back don't you." Louis said with a smile. And Liam nodded his head. His face, looked like a puppy who had just got his toy back.

Louis turned to Niall and said, "thank you for keeping me company, same time tomorrow?"

"Of course your highness." Niall said with an exaggerated bow and a joking wink. Louis rolled his eyes fondly at the Irish boy and walked out of the room.

Louis walked down the hall to the garden. Louis turned to corner and saw a bunch of rose pedals lead down a path in the garden.

What the heck...

Louis followed the path of rose pedals, that lead to a beautiful garden gazebo that was lit up with bright lanterns. Standing in the gazebo was an eloquently dressed Harry.

"Harry...what are you doing?" Louis asked looking at the gorges man, his mouth opened slightly.

"Something I should of done a lot sooner. Louis William Tomlinson ever since you came into my life that night at the ball, I have been the happiest I've ever been. You make me laugh and smile, but you also make me mad and crazy sometimes. But, no matter what you do at the end of the day you make me feel whole. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So Louis will you make me the luckiest Prince and marry me?" Harry said while he holds out sparkling diamond ring.

Louis stood there and shock, trying to comprehend what was happening. He couldn't believe Harry was asking him to marry him. Louis stood there for a second trying to understand what was happening in front of him.

"Uh Louis not to be rude honey, but my knee is kind of starting to hurt."Harry said.

"Oh yeah of course. Yes I would love to marry you my prince." Louis said with a smile.

_________________

Authors note

Yay I updated.

Sorry about the late update but I've been sick this like whole week and I've been trying to catch up on my homework. I hope you all are having a wonderful day and life.

(Oh btw the picture of Harry in the beginning is what he looks like purposing to Louis )

-Kenzie