Three

Louis POV:

I looked around the finally clean room. Why do my step-brothers have to be such pigs? I guess most boys are messy except me since I have had to clean after everyone in the household since the age of 10.  So I try to keep my room as clean as possible, making one less thing I have to worry about.

I sighed I wasn't even half way through my chores yet. I still have to clean the bottom floor windows, feed the chickens, and clean the fire place. And on top of all of that I have to find clothes to wear for the ball. Even though I doubt that step-mother won't let me go it's worth a shot right?

I guess I should feed the chickens first since it is the easiest job to do. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I was walking into the kitchen when I tripped on something and almost fell. What the heck was that!?

I looked back and saw a big lump of black fur laying lazily by the entrance." Oh lucifer why did you pick the worst spot to lay down" I mumbled to myself as I grabbed some chicken feed. That cat was always in the kitchen I don't know why I mean his food isn't even in there, but whatever. 

I walked out to the chicken cage and carelessly threw some feed into the cage. I watched as all the chickens came running up to eat the feed. Lucky birds they probably get more food than I do.

I was lucky if I got a fresh meal. Most of the time I would eat whatever is left over from any of their dinners. But most night I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry but that is just life for me.  And I have lived it for eight years and I could do it for more, I guess I have just gotten used to it.

I put the chicken feed away and walked back into the house to start cleaning the windows. I absolutely positively hated washing windows, step-mother was always so picky about how they should look. They need to be sparkly and clear so we could have some sort of view. Even though there wasn't much to see considering we had a ten foot wall around the manor blocking any view that we had on the lower levels.

I started cleaning the windows and luckily I did some of them yesterday so it didn't take me that long to finish them. Now onto cleaning the fireplace.

Once I started cleaning the fireplace I knew I was going to get cinder all over me. Just lovely that means I am going to have to ask to take a shower. Step-mother usually lets me take a shower but she might find this as an excuse to not let me go to the ball.

Once I was finished cleaning the fire place I walked up the stairs and walked into the study. Step-mother was sitting at a very large oak desk.

"What do you want louis" she practically sneered at me. Well what a lovely welcome.

"I was just wondering if I could take a quick shower since I got cinder on me" I said.

"Yeah sure whatever just get out of my sight" she said. Gladly I thought.

But on the outside I just simply nodded and walked out of the study. She was always like this to me cold distant and very rude. I don't understand what I have ever done to her. I mean I have nothing but nice and helpful to her so she has no right to treat me like trash.

I walked up into my room/attack and grabbed some spare clothes for me to change into. I walked back down stairs and into the bathroom. I locked the door and stripped off my clothes and got into the shower.

I remember one time I forgot to lock the door and my step-brothers came in and grabbed my spare clothes and towel and hid it. I had to walk out of the bathroom stark naked and my step-mother saw me and I wasn't allowed to eat for a week. Let's just say since then I never ever forget to lock the doors.

I got out of the shower and quickly changed into my clothes and walked out into the hall. I looked at the grandfather clock that sits in the hallway. The clock read 4 o'clock. Shoot I only have an hour to find something to wear.

I ran up into my room and pulled out an old trunk that belonged to my father. He might have something in here. I opened it up and stated pulling things out.

That's when I found it the thing I had been looking for. Now I will be able to go to the ball! Or I at least hope I could go.

______________________
Authors note:
Kind of a filler chapter and shirt but I promise the next one will be better. Hope you like it.

-Kenzie