Prologue

Paige stood in the mirror waiting to be picked up to go out for one last hoorah with the old ladies before she stood at the alter to marry her life long best friend. Jax and Paige grew up together. Literally inseparable since their fathers started the Sons of Anarchy mother charter in Charming CA. Ever since they were kids they always imagined growing old together and being married. And now it was time. They had both just turned 19 and Jax was just patched into the club as a member. They had everything going for them. The girls were meeting Paige at the Hairy Dog for a few drinks then she would re join the guys back at the club house before she was whisked away to sleep at her soon to be mother in laws while Jax got ready at the club house. Something didn't feel right though. Something was out of place in her life and she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She put her shoes on and drove her dodge Durango to the club house to wish Jax off on his batcholer party that Opie was throwing for him. When she got to the club house only Jaxs bike and another car was there. She knew he was meeting up with the preacher before tomorrow so she figured it would be cool to go in the club house. All was quiet when she closed the door expecting to see Jax and the preacher sitting at the bar or on one of the couches. She heard some banging coming from the back so she walked towards the back of the clubhouse and down the long hallway figuring out that the banging was coming from Jaxs dorm room. She put her hand around the door handle not preparing herself for what she was about to see. Her fiancé screwing another woman. He immediately got off of the girl and went running after Paige who was just about out of the club house and into her truck "Paige!" Jax yelled. But it was too late. She was already in reverse on her way to the house they shared to pack her bags and get the hell out of Charming.