2.

Sunday night I found myself looking through my closet trying to find the perfect outfit. I discovered that David was a lawyer at this big law firm. Strangely he did not seem like the lawyer type to me, but as they say: you should never judge a book by its cover. I could not find anything in my closet that looked professional enough for me to wear to work. I wondered if my mom had something I could possibly borrow. As I walked to my parents bedroom, I passed by my uncle Daniel's room. He was on the phone and I wondered who he was talking to. My uncle Daniel was recently divorced so my father invited him to live with us for a while. I'm an only child and our house is pretty big so there's plenty of space for my uncle.
     Thankfully I was able to find a black pencil skirt in my mom's closet that fit perfectly. I added a white blouse and a pair of nude heels that I already owned to complete the outfit. My outfit was super cliche but I didn't know any other way to dress. My usual way of dressing is far from professional and classy. I went to sleep earlier than usual to make sure I wouldn't be tired the next day.
     I woke up to the sun shining, giving me hope that it would be a great day. I left my house a bit earlier so I could stop by Starbucks and get a coffee and pastry. As soon as I arrived to the law firm I felt nervous. I was scared that I wouldn't be good at my job. I decided to push those negative thoughts out of my head and walk into the building with my head held high. When I walked through the door I was immediately greeted by a receptionist.
     "Hello, I'm looking for David Callaway's office," I told the young  looking woman.
     "Yes, his office is down the hall, to the right, number 106," she responded with a warm smile. I thanked her and started walking. As I  approached his door a flashback of him winking at me came into my mind, but I quickly reminded myself that it meant nothing. I proceeded to lightly knock on the door.
     "Come in," I heard his deep voice say. I walked in and said "Good morning,".
     "Hey! How are you? You're nice and early," he said to me with a smile.
     "I'm good and I'm ready to work," I said laughing.
     "Perfect! So for now I'm going to have you sit at the empty desk over there and just answer the phone and take messages. I might have you run some errands for me later but we'll see,"
     "Okay! Sounds great," I said as I sat down. He immediately got back to typing away at his computer. I looked around the room. Tons of folders, books and binders filled with hundreds of papers. There were certificates and diplomas on the walls.
     We spent the next few hours just working in silence. At times it felt a bit awkward. I started to feel hungry and I wondered what time was my lunch hour.
     "Should we take our lunch break now?" David asked me practically reading my mind.
     "Sure, I'm starving,"
     "Let me buy you lunch as a thank you," he told me with a smile. I blushed and said, "you don't have to do that."
     "I know. But I want to," I smiled and accepted.
     We drove in his car to SugarFish. After we ordered we sat in silence. I couldn't think of anything good to ask him.
     "So, do you eat here often?" The best thing I could come up with.
     "Um, yeah. I come here every once in a while with a couple buddies of mine." I nodded my head. More silence.
     "You attend college?" He spoke.
     "Yeah, I'm studying Sociology."
     "That's a good major. Ah I remember college, the good 'ol days," he said with a chuckle. He proceeded to tell me all the funny and crazy things that happened to him during college. I added in a few stories of my own. I was glad we finally found something to talk about.

     Friday afternoon arrived and I couldn't believe how fast the week flew by. Working for David was fun. We talked about everything and he constantly had me laughing. My shift was over so I gathered my belongings and started for the door.
     "Um Marina?"
     "Yeah?"
     "A friend of mine is having a party at Lure Nightclub tonight and I wondered if you wanted to go?" I was shocked that he invited me to a club, especially since he knew that I was only nineteen. I definitely wanted to go so I told him yes.
     "Good. I'll message you the details,"
     "Okay,"
      He paused for a bit then said, "And... I think it'd be best if you didn't tell anyone about tonight," he said slowly. I nodded and walked out the door.

Hey guys! :)