16.

Mature Content

     Halloween was in week and I could not have been more excited! It's one of my favorite holidays. I had already planned out my costume since the beginning of September. I was going to go as Eve from Adam and Eve. I even made my own costume. I glued green leaves to a strapless bra and boy short panties. And I was going to wrap a snake plush toy around my shoulders. My costume was really sexy, but hey that's what Halloween is  all about right?
     Kenya was throwing a Halloween party at her boyfriend's house. I just knew that it was going to be epic.
Kenya's older brother was going to provide the alcohol. She had posted the details all over social media so I wasn't sure how many people were going to show up. I decided to call David and invite him to the party.
     "Hey!" He answered.
     "Hi, what are you doing?"
     "Um nothing, just some paperwork,"
     "Do you have any plans for Halloween? There's going to be this really cool party we should go to,"
     "Um I don't know. I think I might take the kids out trick or treating."
     "Oh. Well maybe you could go after, I mean the party isn't starting until nine. It probably won't be over until the morning..."
     "Um yeah, well I guess I'll have to see. I'll definitely let you know. Hey can I text you later? I have to go."
     "Yeah, okay. Bye." The phone clicked. Hmm that was weird. I tossed my phone onto my bed and walked downstairs to get a snack.

     Three days later and I still hadn't heard from David. I tried calling him once more but he didn't answer. I knew he was a busy man but I mean, it only takes ten seconds to send out a text. I didn't want to seem needy so I decided I wasn't going to call him or text him first anymore.

     It was finally Halloween and I was so excited! Even though I still hadn't heard from David I wasn't going to let him ruin my positive energy. I made caramel apples and watched Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Stella came over at 6 so I could help with her makeup and hair. She was going as Harley Quinn, just like 50,000 other girls across America. After I got ready we handed out candy to a couple of kids and then we left for the party.

     By the time that we got there, the party was in full swing. Stella and I hardly even knew anyone there. Everyone was in costume so it made it harder to recognize people. We walked through the whole house until we found Kenya.
     "You guys look great!" She said to us, handing each of us a beer. She was dressed as Kylie Jenner. She paired a body suit with thigh high boots.
     "Is Chris coming?" She asked Stella.
     "No I think he's studying for midterms," just then whoever was in charge of the music decided to turn it up even louder.
     "Is David coming?!" Kenya yelled over the loud music. I shrugged my shoulders and mouthed, "I don't know." Kenya pointed towards the door leading to the backyard and we followed.
     "Ugh finally we'll be able to hear each other," Kenya said as we stood outside. There was a few other people outside with us, mostly smoking.
     "So you don't know if Dave's coming?" She turned to me.
     "Yeah I invited him last Saturday and he said he'd let me know but I haven't talked to him since then."
     "Oh." She said thoughtfully.
     "He's probably just held up with his kids," Stella chimed in.
     "I know he doesn't have to come but he could at least have let me know." They just looked at me with sorrow on their faces. I felt bad, I didn't want to ruin Halloween with my guy drama.
     "You know what? Fuck him. I'm not gonna talk about him or even think about him tonight. I'm here to party and that's what I'm gonna do," I said raising my beer in the air.
     "Yes girl!" They clicked their cans against mine. I laughed at my sudden confidence boost.
     "Let's go dance!" Stella said.

     The three of us danced together as we drank more beer. I realized I had been drinking quite a bit so I made sure to go and drink some water. As I was making my way back a guy dressed as Hugh Hefner got my attention.
     "Hey great costume!"
     "Thanks. Yours is really cool too." He was actually really handsome.
     "Do you want to dance?"
     "Umm," I usually wouldn't have but tonight I was feeling carefree. "Yeah sure."
     We went out into the living room where everyone was dancing. At first I felt a little awkward and uncomfortable, but after a while I got more into it. We were dancing really close and at times more body would bump up against his. It felt good dancing with him, but also like I was doing something wrong. I thought about David and how upset he would be if he saw me. But then I quickly remembered that I wasn't supposed to be thinking about him. So what if I'm dancing with another guy? Besides, all we're doing is dancing......
     After we danced for a while longer we went in to the kitchen to get another drink.
     "Hey I didn't catch you name," I said to him as I handed him a beer.
     "Corey. What's yours?"
     "Marina. So how do you know Christian?" I opened my beer and took a drink.
     "Who?" He asked. I giggled.
     "The owner of this house."
     "Ohh," he said, "I actually don't know him. One of my friends invited me."
     "I see. Christian's my friend's boyfriend. He's cool."
     "Well he sure does know how to throw a party," I smiled and nodded my head yes. "So how old are you?" He asked.
     "I'm nineteen. What about you?"
     "Twenty." We both looked at the beer cans in our hands and started laughing.
     "Do you go to school?" I asked.
     "Yeah, full time. Do you?"
     "No. I might go in the spring though,"
     "That's good, have you decided where you want to go?" At that moment a rush of people came into the kitchen making it hard for us to keep our conversation. I told him to follow me and I lead us to the basement. There were couches down there and a couple of people so overall it was more relaxed. We sat on a couch and continued talking.
     "So what do you want to study?"
     "I'm not sure yet. I'm just taking my general ed courses right now."
     "I don't know what I want to study either," I realized I was starting to feel a bit buzzed so I set my beer down beside me.
     "Well you're still young. You have an entire lifetime ahead to figure out what you want," I leaned my head against my hand and smile at him. He was so pretty. And he had really nice teeth. I wished I could just kiss him.
     "So what do you like to do in your free time?" His voice was so deep.
     "Mostly hang with my friends and my boyfriend."
     "Oh, you have a boyfriend?"
     "Yeah," I looked down. "I mean he hasn't answered my calls for a week, but yeah I got a boyfriend."
     "Hm. That's unfortunate." I looked at him and leaned my face closer to his.
     "Do you have a girl?" I said softly. He shook his head. In that moment I don't know what came over me but I kissed him. I pulled myself back but when I saw that he didn't refrain I went back in and kissed him more. I placed my hand on the back of his head to deepen the kiss. He placed a hand on my hip. I started kissing down his neck. He slid his hand further down and I moved it, so it was on my inner thigh. I remembered there was people in the same room as us but when I looked at them I saw that they were too drunk to even notice. I went back to kissing his mouth. He moved his hand up closer towards my private area. I wanted him to go further. I tugged a little on his bottom lip using mine. Then he started to touch me. But the moment I felt his fingers slip into my panties something switched in my brain and I was completely aware of what was happening. Now I felt like I wanted to stop. I quickly pulled myself back.
     "Sorry," he quickly said and moved back.
     "No it was me. I started this. I'm sorry." I got up as fast as I could and walked out. I made my way past all the groups of people until I got to the bathroom. Thankfully it wasn't occupied. I went in and locked the door. I splashed my face with water. I couldn't even look in the mirror. I was too embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I have to go talk to David. I walked out and started to look for Kenya or Stella to tell them I was going to leave. I ran into Kenya first.
     "Hey where have you been?" She said to me.
     "Almost getting fingered," I shuttered.
     "What!" She exclaimed.
     "I met this guy and I made a mistake. I need to go see David," I started to walk away.
     "Wait!" She grabbed onto my arm. "What are you gonna go see him for?"
     "I just need to ask him why he doesn't want to talk to me,"
     "Girl just let it go. He'll probably call you tomorrow or something."
     "No. I'm not just going to be waiting around for when he has time to talk to me. If he really wanted to talk, he'd make time."
     "Are you going to break up with him?" I shrugged my shoulders.
     "I don't know....."

Question: Is there a certain celebrity or person you imagine for David's character? If so, who? Let me know in a comment. :)