6.

How do you invite your friends over to your boyfriend's house when they don't even know you have a boyfriend in the first place?

I paced the floor of my bedroom waiting for my friends to arrive. I was nervous to tell them about David. I wasn't sure how they were going to react. We always told each other everything. There were no secrets between us. But they're my best friends. They'll understand. I looked at the clock: 2:10 pm. I told them I had something important to tell them and to arrive at around two. Ugh, I just want to get it over with.

I set four cups of coffee and a plate of shortbread cookies, I had baked myself, on a tray. As I walked up the stairs I could hear soft chattering between the girls. I walked into my room and placed the tray on my vanity and began handing each girl a cup.
"Okay so, well um, I have something to tell you guys and it might be upsetting," I began.
"Is something wrong?" Ava asked with concern. I could see worry in her soft brown eyes.
"Oh no. Everything is okay," I felt terrible. Just get on with it.
"I met someone. I have a boyfriend," I said slowly, "And we've been going out for like a month and a half now," they kept staring at me so I continued. "You guys might think its gross but he's around forty." I stopped there, waiting for a response. "Wait, so that's what you wanted to tell us? That you have a boyfriend?," Kenya asked while pushing a piece of blonde hair away from her face.
"Shit, I thought you were going to tell us you had a one night stand and got pregnant or something," Stella said while chuckling and taking a sip of her coffee. Ava and Kenya giggled at Stella's remark.
"So you aren't mad?" I asked nervously.
"Why would we be mad?" Kenya asked.
"'Cause I have a boyfriend and I didn't tell the three of you right away"
"Marina," Ava started, "If you didn't feel comfortable telling us, that's okay. We understand. At least you told us now," The other's nodded in agreement. I felt so relieved. I definitely knew how lucky I was to have them in my life.
"What are you waiting for? Give us the deets," Kenya said.
"Well, his name's David. He's a lawyer..wait, do you guys remember my uncle's friend who came to my birthday party?"
"That's your boyfriend!" Stella exclaimed. "He's so hot! Who cares if he's forty? When can we meet him?"
"How 'bout tomorrow? He told me to invite some of my friends over to his for a movie night," They all agreed to go. They spent the rest of the afternoon interrogating me with questions about my relationship. I also shamefully told them that David was married. They didn't have much to say about that. Stella didn't seem to care while Ava seemed a bit disturbed by it. I couldn't really blame her though.