21.

I realized I had been in his bedroom for a little too long so I got up and walked out. I was startled by a small child standing outside the door.
     "Why were you in my parents room?" Even if the little girl hadn't just mentioned her parents I would have been able to tell she was David's. She had his eyes and nose.
     "Oh um, all the bathrooms were busy so I used the one in there," I smiled down at her. She looked about five.
     "Oh," she replied. I slowly started to walk past her.
     "Are you going back to the party?" She asked me. I turned around to face her.
     "Yeah I am,"
     "I wish I could go to the party, it sounds like fun,"
     "I think you'd have more fun up here with all the other kids," I said to her.
     "Could you bring me some cookies? My mom said I can't go downstairs."
     "Would it be alright with your parents?"
     "Yeah. My mom brought us some a while ago but the other kids ate them all,"
     "Okay I'll be right back then,"
     "Wait what's your name?
     "Marina,"
     "Marina I'm going to be in my room. It's that door right there," she pointed to a door with a sign hanging from it that said, "Princess Cailin's room."
     I placed a couple of cookies on a plate and got a small glass of milk. I made my way back upstairs. I stepped into every little girls dream room. The walls were light pink with white flowers painted on them. A princess style bed with a whole bunch of stuffed animals. So many toys layed out all over the place. I swear if I was six I would have cried.
     "Um here you go," I said to her as I set everything down on a small table that had a tea set.
     "Oh thanks!"
     "You're welcome," I started to walk towards the door.
     "Wait!" I looked over at her, "Do you want to stay with me for a little bit?"
     I wasn't sure that was a good idea but I couldn't say no to her cute little face. Her blonde little curls made her a thousand times more adorable and my heart couldn't take it! I agreed to staying with her for a little while. I sat with her as she ate her cookies and told me about school. Within three minutes of sitting with her I learned that her favorite color is purple, her teachers name is Mrs. Price, she has two best friends, and her favorite show is Bananas in Pajamas. Cailin then proceeded to show me all of her toys. I played with her for a while until I received a text from my mom saying it was time to go.
     "Aww but I don't want you to leave," Cailin sulked.
     "Me either kiddo. We'll probably see each other some other time, okay?"
     "Hey! Maybe you can come to my birthday party! I'm going to tell my mommy to invite you,"
     "Okay," I smiled at her.

     I looked through the house for David to tell him goodbye but I couldn't find him. My parents were waiting for me at the door so I thought I was just going to have to leave like that. When I reached my parents I realized I was still wearing my bracelet so I quickly took it off and stuffed it into my purse. As we stepped out the door onto the porch I could her voices from the driveway. They almost sounded as if they were arguing. We walked closer and I saw that it was David and Renee. They stopped when they saw us.
     "Oh you guys are leaving so soon?" David said to us.
     "Yeah we're awfully tired," my mom replied, "It was a wonderful party, thank you for inviting us,"
     "Thanks for coming, see you guys soon,"
     "See you!" My dad said to them.
     "Bye," I waved to them both.
     "It was nice meeting you Marina," Renee said to me.
     "You too," I smiled at her.
     As we walked away I couldn't help but wonder why they were arguing. What if she suspects he's cheating? I started to worry. I figured I'd call David later to make sure everything was okay.
     "So Marina," my dad said to me as we settled into the car, "I met Scott Meridian," Uh oh! That's one of David's coworkers! "He said he works with David and I told him I was your father but he doesn't know who you are?" I felt my heart stop and my mouth go dry.
     "Oh um, that's because uh, I run a lot of errands out of the office. I'm usually across town delivering things and doing other stuff. When I'm in the office, Scott is usually out so that's probably why he doesn't really know who I am,"
     "Oh," he replied. But I couldn't tell whether that was an "oh" I belive you or an "oh" you're definitely lying and I'm going to figure out why. The last thing I need is for my parents to become suspicious of David and I, especially my dad.
     That night I had trouble sleeping, worrying about what would happen if David and I got exposed.