17.

I pulled up to David's house in my Uber. I was still pretty buzzed from the drinking. I wasn't sure whether he was going to be awake when I got there but after seeing all the lights on I knew he was. I sat in the back seat trying to figure out what I should do. I got off the car and walked up the drive way. As I got closer I could hear loud music. He was having a party. I took out my cell phone and called him. He better fucking answer. He didn't. I called one more time.
     "Hello?" He answered.
     "Come outside."
     "What? Where are you?
     "Come outside of your house." I hung up. I crossed my arms and slightly shivered from the cool breeze. I should have changed into something else. A couple minutes later I saw David emerge from his house.
     "What are you doing here? Do you know what time it is?" I didn't respond. I couldn't find the words I needed to say what was on my mind. He walked up closer to me. I just stared at him. He noticed the car behind me.
     "Who's that?"
     "My fucking Uber."
     "An Uber? You came in an Uber this late at night dressed like that? Do you know how dangerous that is! You can't trust those people!"
     "Oh like you fucking care." I said lowly.
     "I do care!" He suddenly realized why I was there. "Oh you think just because I don't answer your texts I don't care? I'm sorry if I can't be there for you every single second."
     "I DON'T need you to constantly be by my side. I just want for you to at least text me back or answer my damn calls," he stayed silent.
     "Sometimes this just all seems like a little too much," he said.
     "What?"
     "Sneaking around, lying......sometimes I feel like I need a break."
     "You don't get to pick and choose when to give me attention," He stared at me. "This is hard for me too, yet I still always make time for you." This was all getting too deep. I didn't mean to be all dramatic but I couldn't help it.
     "So either be there for me when I need you or never at all. What's it going to be?" I hated myself for giving him an ultimatum. He let out a deep breath and didn't say anything at all. That was enough for me.
     "Fuck you then," I turned around and started walking.
     "Marina wait! Don't leave." I turned back to him and said, "You know, I almost fucked someone tonight but I didn't because I couldn't stop thinking about you. I should have fucking let him," His face was blank. I walked away. I was about to reach the door handle when I felt him grab onto my arm.
     "You're not leaving like this. You've been drinking. You're staying here." He said calmly.
     "What about the bitch in there?" I nodded towards the house. He ignored me and just told my Uber to leave. He gripped my arm tightly and lead me towards the side of the house. We reached a door and he took out a key and unlocked it. It lead to his another living room. I hadn't seen this one before. It was nicely furnished. We proceeded to walk to another door. He opened it and it was a bedroom. It had a big bed that was covered with a comforter and loads of pillows.
     "This is one of our guest rooms. You can stay here tonight. 'The Bitch' never comes down here so you'you'll be fine." I just looked at him and sat on the bed. He left and closed the door behind him. I immediately layed down and was caressed by the incredibly soft mattress. I was just thinking how much more comfortable I would be if I wasn't in that itchy costume when David walked back in. He tossed a big t-shirt on the bed and left. I took off my leaf bra and put on the shirt. I didn't have any extra underwear so I was forced to go commando. I quickly fell asleep despite all the noise above.

     Almost two hours later I heard a knock on my door. I stayed quiet not knowing what to do. Seconds later I heard the door open and I was relieved to see David's silhouette. He walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. My eyes adjusted better to the darkness and I was able to see his face. I could still hear music blasting upstairs and hard footsteps. He leaned forward and gave me a kiss on the forehead. He pushed some strands of hair out of my face. Then he softly kissed my lips. I pushed at his chest.
     "What are you doing? I'm mad at you."
     "Babe, I didn't mean what I said earlier. I promise that I care about you and I'm going to try fucking harder," he placed his hand on my cheek, "I'm going to make more time for you." He gently rubbed his thumb against my cheek. He kissed my forehead again. Then he got up and left.
     I layed in bed for another thirty minutes and then I decided it'd be best to leave. I got up and gathered my things into my purse. There was a desk and I searched through the drawer until I found a pen and notepad. I wrote:
     Went home.
               Thanks.
     I placed the note on the bed and left. Thankfully his t-shirt was big and was able to cover a good portion of myself. It was still dark out and chilly. I briskly walked and made sure to keep an eye out on my surroundings. I looked through my purse to make sure I had my pepper spray. I was close to getting home when I passed a mini mart. I was feeling a lot of stress and anxiety so I thought a pack of cigarettes might help me. I'd never smoked before but I guess there's a first for everything. I walked into the store and went straight to the cashier. I grabbed a pack of lighters and placed them on the counter.
     "Can I get a pack of cigarettes? I don't really care which brand."
     "I.D. please." I pulled out my license and showed it to him. He looked at me strangely.
     "You're not of legal age." He said sternly. I was confused.
     "Yes I am...I'm nineteen."
     "In the state of California you must be twenty one years of age or older to buy cigarettes." 
     "What the fuck? Since when?" I swore this was all new to me. I sighed and started to walk away.
     "Here just take them," I turned to look at the man as he was handing me the pack, "What difference does it make if you start now or in two years.  You're going to have a premature death either way." He was joking about the last part. I sort of laughed and placed the money on the counter as I grabbed the pack.
     "Wait..but aren't there security cameras?" I asked worried.
     "I doubt any bastard is watching us right now," he grinned and I giggled.
     "Have a good night! Or morning I mean" I said as I walked out.
     "You too!"
     I continued on my journey. As I walked, I opened the pack and lit a cigarette. It took me a couple of puffs to actually smoke it correctly. But once I did I started feeling more calm. What a bad habit to pick up though. When I finally reached my house, the sky was starting to look a bit brighter. I prayed that my parents were not awake. I quietly unlocked the door and went to my bedroom. I collapsed onto my bed and wanted nothing more than to sleep and not wake up for three days.
     When I finally did wake up it was about four p.m. I checked my phone and I saw that I had a whole bunch of texts. One from Stella asking if I was okay. Two from Kenya wondering where I was and what ended up happening between David and I. And there was four text messages from David asking me all sorts of questions about how I got home and why I left in the middle of the night. I simply texted all three: "I'm at home and I'm fine." I put my phone away and layed in bed for a while longer. I didn't feel like talking to anybody. I took a shower and grabbed something to eat then I went back to bed to watch TV.
     I heard a knock on my door.
     "Come in," I said. It was my mom.
     "Are you okay honey?" She looked concerned.
     "Yeah I'm just tired from last night," Ugh why did I bring up last night? Now she's going to ask what time I got home.
     "Aw did you get in late?" I nodded my head. Here comes the lecture.
     "Well did you have fun?" Again I just nodded.
     "That's good. Just go to sleep early tonight," she kissed my forehead then left. I sighed a sigh of relief. She must have been in a really good mood for letting me off the hook that easily.
     I did end up going to sleep early that night but i was woken up by a phone call at around midnight. I was half asleep and I answered it without checking who it was.
     "Let me in," I didn't recognize the voice so I stayed silent.
     "I need to talk to you," It was David.
     "I'll be right out," my voice was raspy. I stumbled out of bed and carefully walked downstairs while rubbing my eyes. I opened the door and David was standing there.
     "Can I come in?" He quickly asked.
     "You need to be super quiet though," he walked in and went straight upstairs. I followed behind him. After we entered my room I made sure to lock the door. I sat on the edge of my bed.
     "Do you still want to be with me?" His question took me by surprise.
     "Did you really come all the way over here and wake me up in the middle of the night just to ask me that? Of course I do."
     "Well everything seems to be going to shit and you almost fucked another guy..."
     "Yeah but I didn't," I said sternly, "And I won't ever. That won't solve anything."
     "So are we good?" I nodded yes.
     "As new?" I smiled and said, "yeah."
     "Show me then." He walked closer to me.
     "What?"
     "Show me that we're good again," he walked up to me and started kissing my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned back. His body fell against mine. I continued kissing him as I pulled his shirt off. He stood upright again to take off his pants. I slipped off my pajama shorts. He leaned back down and started kissing on my neck. He pulled my underwear right off and slid right into me. I wasn't adjusted to him yet so I felt slight pain but it quickly went away.
     "Are you okay?" He asked me after awhile of him slowly thrusting into me.
     "Yeah," I softly moaned, "It feels good."
     "Who can make you feel this good?" He picked up the pace.
     "Only you," I whispered.
     "What about the guy you met the other night?," he teased.
     I grinned and said, "Only you."