5.

Due to our circumstances, I decided to stop working at the law firm. It would just be too awkward for us. At first David insisted that I stay but ultimately he understood how I felt. I also decided not to tell my parents, that way if they ever caught me out with David I could just lie and say it was work related.

     One morning my mom walked into my room and asked why I wasn't at work. I told her that my hours had been cut and that I was to start later that afternoon. In reality I was going to meet david for an early dinner.
I had two hours to get ready. I took a quick shower and blow dried my hair. I sat at my vanity and began to do my makeup. I was mid eyebrow when I heard a specific ring from my phone immediately letting me know it was a text from David. I opened the message: Hey Marina, instead of meeting me at the restaurant why don't you come over to my place so I can show you around?
     I felt nervous about going to his place but I told him yes.
     A second message: Great, my address is 1362 W Pico Blvd.
I messaged him that I'd see him in a bit and got back to getting myself ready.
     An hour and a half later I was pulling through the gates of his gated community. Each house that I drove by was absolutely breath taking. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that they belonged to celebrities. I finally pulled up to David's address and I couldn't believe my eyes. He was living in my dream home! It was so huge, I guessed that it had about 8 rooms. The walls looked as if they were made of marbel. The front yard was also big and lusciously green, amidst the water drought our state was experiencing. I parked my car along side the sidewalk and stepped out. As I walked up his driveway I tugged on the hem of my red lace dress. It was a bit short and I was starting to feel self conscious. The steps to his home were so white it looked like they were glistening. I took a deep breath and rung the door bell. Footsteps nearing the door made my heart beat fast, but when the door swung open and I saw his smile it calmed.
     "Hey, you look beautiful! As always," he told me with a smile as he embraced me in a hug.
     "Thanks," I replied shyly. He grabbed my hand and led me into his house. The inside was just as nice as the outside. A spiralling staircase the first thing in sight. The decor was modernly vintage. I was pretty sure he had hired an interior designer, it looked straight out of a magazine.
     "Your house is gorgeous," I said in awe.
     "Let me give you the grand tour," he said as he walked me towards the kitchen.
     "Um nothing interesting here, but do you want a drink? We got water, coconut water, iced tea...."
     "I'll take a coconut water," His kitchen was probably the cleanest and most organized kitchen I had ever seen. I wondered if it was even put to use. He grabbed a Coke bottle and we proceeded to walk to the living room. It was beautifully furnished with white couches and a glass coffee table. Abstract art hung on the walls. It all looked very impersonal compared to my living room which was filled with family photos and items proving it was actually lived in.
     "Are you sure you actually live here? It looks too perfect," I said with a laugh.
     David laughed and said, "Yeah, we just so happen to have the best housekeeper and best interior designer in town."
     We. That hurt a little. I wanted to change the subject so I began walking towards the staircasing.
     "Um...we don't have to go upstairs, it's just uh.. the bedrooms and um boring stuff." He said as he placed his hands inside his pockets and glanced at the floor. I nodded to show that I understood and crossed my arms waiting for him to lead me further.
     "Hey! Let me show you my theater". I couldn't believe he had his own personal movie theater in his home. It was decorated to look vintage which I found absolutely adorable. It even had its own little popcorn and fountain drink counter. I walked over to see his movie collection.
     "Why don't you invite your friends over?"
     "What?" I asked a little surprised.
     "You should invite some of your friends over and we could have a movie night," I smiled at him.
     "I'd like that a lot. And I'm sure they would too,"
     "Cool. I'll invite some of my friends too. How about day after tomorrow?"
     "Sounds good to me," I told him as we proceeded to walk through his house. He showed me his personal gym, which was filled with workout machines I had never even seen before. David told me he woke up every morning at five to squeeze in a good workout before work. That very well explained why he looked so good for being forty-one years old.
     "Okay, so this is the last room," he said to me as we walked down the stairs to his basement. "Welcome to my man cave," This room was the  coziest of them all. The carpet covering the floor was soft and fluffy and so was the couch that sat in front of a flat screen tv. There was a small bookshelf in the corner of the room and I was so curious to go and find out what kind of books he liked to read.
     "This is where I like to go when I want to get away from it all. I guess there's something about being underground that makes me feel like I'm in a whole other place. Like somewhere really far." He said with a slight laugh. I smiled and nodded to let him know I understood what he meant, which I completely did. I loved going down to the creek near my house and just sitting there all alone, feeling like I was the last girl on Earth.
     We went out back to look at his garden. There was nothing I loved more than flowers. I found their beauty astonishing. His garden had an assortment of flowers, all different colors. I walked over to the peachy pink roses to admire them. Those were my favorite.
     "Pink is your favorite color,"
     "Is it?" I sniffed the rose. Smelled like heaven. "How do you know?"
     "You're always wearing pink," he said to me.
     "Um, I'm wearing red today," I said laughing.
     "Yeah but your finger nails are pink. And when they're not pink, your toes are. Or your wearing pink pyjamas. Or pink lipgloss. Sometimes even pink panties," he said with a sly smile. I rolled my eyes and said, "You're right. Pink is my favorite. I just didn't know you noticed all that." He cut a rose from the bush and placed it behind my ear and said, "I notice everything about you."