Nightmares

Finn was crumpled on the ground, blood soaking the snow around him but she couldn't run to his side. Now she had to win. She had to. Rey stepped forward and continued the fight. Step by step Kylo Ren backed her up amidst the trees. The ground trembled and cracked around then and they both stumbled.

Before she knew it she had her back against a fierce cliff, her arms holding the lightsaber that had found her by fate. The humming and crackling filled her ears and she was staring straight into the eyes of the enemy. She closed her eyes, trying to reach to something she could only feel. But this time Kylo Ren pushed her, letting her find herself falling. All she could do was scream out for her friend.

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" her eyes flew open and she shot up. She was drenched in sweat and was breathing heavily. Her eyes scanned the room frantically. Finn. Where was Finn? Her question was answered as the door swished open and Finn ran in at full speed, his face contorted in worry.

"Rey?!!! You were screaming what's wrong?" he ran to the bed and sat down, taking her face in his hands and scanning, trying to figure out what was wrong without words. Tears streamed down her face and he wiped them away as quickly as possible. She was shaking.

"Ky-Kylo.... I.. Lost...." she broke down in sobs and continued to shake. Finn pulled her in close and tried to keep her from shaking. Her face was buried in his chest as he laid her back down and laid down with her. She mumbled quietly and sniffled.

"Sssshhh.. sssshhh.... Rey... It was a dream. I'm okay now. You're here and you're in my arms and it is all okay. We are safe inside the Resistance base." he whispered into her hair and pet her head. Her hands were gripping his shirt tightly, balling up more and more of it into her fists.

"You.. you were hurt... I... I didn't help you.. I couldn't help....." her voice was trembling and small. Finn pulled back and held her head in his hands again and forced her to look into his eyes.

"Rey look at me. I'm right here. I'm sorry I wasn't here to wake you up from that nightmare but listen to my voice. I am right in front of you. There is a scar across my back that makes me shiver when you kiss it but that is all I keep with me from that night. Nothing about the cold and certainly nothing about you not trying your hardest. I was the idiot who tried to save you. But you can take care of yourself. Both of us are here. We won that battle." he looked deeply into her green eyes and he could see the terror slowly fade.

"O-okay... okay...." she sighed and swallowed hard, loosening the grip on his shirt. Finn smiled and wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks.

"I love you so much..." he kissed her forehead and pulled her in close.

"I- was... I was so afraid... that... that.... I lost you.... That night I was afraid I had lost you. Every day you didn't wake up I was terrified and when I went to train with Luke... I could barely stand it. I couldn't even be there for you when you woke up....." Finn silenced her with his lips and she melted into it. He was there. He was in their bed and he was warm and he smelled like a mixture of soap and engine grease like he always did. He broke it and whispered her name quietly, to which she responded with a small sigh and a smile, her eyes still closed. He smiled and pulled her in close to his chest, feeling as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

(I APOLOGIZE FOR FEELS AND SUCH AND THAT ITS REALLY SHORT. I just finished watching all of the Star Wars movies with my family before going and seeing the new one (again for me) so I'm also tired haha hope you enjoyed and Happy New Year!!!)