Stormy

"Poe! Have you seen Rey?" Finn came running up to his friend. Poe shook his head and shrugged.

"Uh, no. Why?" he crossed his arms and smiled at Finn who was out of breath and annoyed.

"We were... well.. she was hiding. I can't find her and it's been forever." the pilot chuckled and shook his head again. Finn frowned, feeling laughed at.

"You two are playing hide and seek?" he bit his lip to stifle anymore laughter. Finn slumped his shoulders and glared. Poe knew all too well of Finn and Rey's random child-like behavior. Neither of them had really experienced it before. They didn't have the choice to.

"Maybe..." Finn could feel his cheeks heating up but Poe nodded knowingly.

"Check the cockpit. Catch ya later." he smirked and slapped Finn's chest slightly, walking away and letting his hand glide across. Why does he always do that? Finn thought to himself but then stepped forward and climbed the ladder to peek into the cockpit of Poe's fighter. There crouched Rey, biting her lip to keep herself from laughing and waiting patiently.

"Darn it. You found me!" she giggled and sat up. Finn sighed and shook his head.

"Took long enough... but guess what?" he grinned.

"What?" Rey retorted quickly and playfully, standing up and throwing her legs out over the side, one on either side of Finn. Both of them blushed lightly.

"Now you've gotta catch me!!!" Finn called out and hopped down from the ladder and bolted across the tarmac to the forest line. Rey shimmied her way down and landed on her feet like a cat.

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" she called out indignantly but laughed, running after him as fast as possible. The dumb robes that Luke made her wear really annoyed her sometimes. Finn didn't respond as he darted into the trees and hid amongst them. Rey didn't his footsteps anymore and so she slowed down, looking left and right and even up sometimes to see where he had hidden. Behind her the sun started to get lower in the sky and it got harder and harder to see. She wasn't in the mood to focus herself and she twisted the small braid at the side of her head nervously.

"Finn?" she called out and heard a small amount of rustling to her left. She turned and walked cautiously towards it. "Finn?" her tone started to grow a little more worried. The forest stood still for a moment, only the sound of her own heartbeat and breathing filled her ears. Suddenly she found herself trapped tightly in a pair of strong arms. She started to call out for help but found herself being turned around.

"Shhh-shh Rey. I'm sorry. It's me. It's Finn." he chuckled and hugged her. She squirmed and tried to pull away, slapping his chest hard.

"Yoooouuu you idiot!" she fumed and frowned at him. He frowned back and stopped laughing, looking down and shifting awkwardly.

"I'm sorry..." they were quiet for a few moments before Rey stepped in and wrapped her arms around his waist, chuckling and smiling.

"It's A-okay, Stormy." she teased him with the nickname he hated.

"Heyyyyyyyy!!! You know I hate that!" Rey giggled and kissed his cheek.

"It's what you get for scaring me like that."

"Fine." he huffed then smirked. "Race you to dinner!!!"