I don't know... But I liked it..

Rey was sitting in his lap, her legs on either side of his with her arms around his neck. Finn was shy and bashful, his hands fumbling to find where they were supposed to be. Neither of them were exactly sure what was going on but they were definitely happy. Happy and together and all alone at last. She hid her face in his neck and laughed, nuzzling his jaw and accidentally kissing a little more than she meant to. She'd found a new sweet spot. One of his hands slid a bit further down then he meant, resting on the top of her bum but she didn't really care. He pulled it back quickly and nervously.

"S-sorry..." he muttered and she pulled back, putting her hands on his head and her elbows on his shoulders so she leaned in close to him without risking any accidental head butts. It had happened before. She smiled widely and giggled.

"Why are you always so jumpy and shy?" she kissed his nose. She had been getting more and more comfortable with people in general and especially Finn. He was a big, strong, loveable puppy at heart. And brave. He looked down, blushing hard.

"Because I'm really.. afraid of messing up." he admitted quietly and Rey furrowed her brow.

"Don't be afraid of messing up. I don't know what I'm really doing either." he looked up at her and into her happy, hopeful eyes and he couldn't help but feel his nerves disappear. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to so so badly. They had kissed twice so far. Both on the same day and within the same few minutes. He missed that feeling but he wasn't sure if she wanted to. He took a deep breath and just blurted it out, his heart going crazy in his chest.

"Can I kiss you?" Rey looked at him with wide eyes and her cheeks went dark. He wanted to disappear, thinking he'd crossed a line.But, to his surprise, she nodded. Her palms rested on his chest over his heart and it made him worry that she would feel its rate increasing but he let it stay. Her hands on him felt so nice.

"Yeah..." she breathed and looked at his lips and then back up at his eyes. It took far too long to both of them, shyly going in and then pulling back in nervousness. Finally though, they both committed. Their lips met with a soft peck that they pulled back from and thought about for a moment. Like-minded, they both leaned in for another, letting it last longer this time. It left them breathless.

Rey could feel his heart beneath her palms and Finn could feel her pulse with his hands, gently cupping her face and pressing against her neck. Their lips parted gently, melding together and letting them gain access to each others mouths. They didn't even know what they were doing.

Finn deepened the kiss, as if leaning into it more would get them closer together. Rey smiled into it and ran her tongue across his bottom lip, instincts starting to take over. His lips parted and the kiss deepened even further, their tongues touching and making them blush harder, heating up from embarrassment in their new experiences.

The kiss ended with them both being completely out of breath, panting and looking at each other intently. After a few moments of catching their breath they smiled, giggling quietly and holding each other close.

"What exactly was that...?" Finn muttered into her shoulder as she leaned into him, hugging him whilst still straddling him. Rey shrugged and kissed the side of his head.

"I'm not sure... But... I liked it..." she giggled and ran her fingers over his back. Finn nuzzled into her neck and kissed softly.

"I guess we'll have to do that again sometime then..." he whispered and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. ".. For now though, I just want to be here..."

Rey smiled softly and nodded, Finn shifting to the side so that he laid down onto his back, letting Rey stay on top of him and rest her head on his chest. That night she fell asleep to the sound of his heart beat. They were both asleep like that in the morning when Poe came to get them.