Chapter 9

~Sarah's P.O.V.~

"Cmon Ron! I dont want to be late to my first lesson!" I said. He moaned. Then I went to Plan B.

"You have 3 seconds Ron. 1. 2. 3!" and with that I pulled him from the back of his collar and onto the ground. He rubbed his head and glared at me.

"Asking nicely works too, you know." he said. "I tried, but you were late so you were too busy eating. Cmon!" I said while pulling his wrist down a corridor. He then pulled back. I gave him a look as is saying, 'What!'

"Wrong way, blondie." he said. "OI! Watch it!" I said while hitting his arm. He then took mine and brought me in the opposite direction. We walked into a classroom, the potions room. It was almost full, so me and Ron had a hard time finding seats. There were no seats near Hermione or Harry, so me and him sat in the back next to Seamus and Dean.

"Seamus, try not to make anything explode on Sarah on her first day!" Dean said while laughing. Seamus just glared at him, then all of a sudden a man walked into the room. He was tall-ish, wore all black robes, had a big nose, and long greasy hair. He was actually quite scary looking. When he walked in her closed all of the blinds on his way, and went straight to his desk.

"All of you know who I am, but for the one new student, I am Professor Snape, your potions teacher." he said. He had a very monotone voice. Then he glared at me for some reason.

"Today we will be constructing a 'Draught of Emotions." Who can tell me what that does?" he looked around the room, and Hermione's hand shot up. "Nobody. What a pity."

"Please Sir." Hermione started. After a few seconds and no back talk from Snape, she continued. "The 'Draught of Emotions' is a potion designed to show a person's feelings through there eye color. Once swallowed, the drinker's iris turns white, then after a few seconds, there emotions colors show. For example, pink for in love, green for jealousy, red for anger, or even purple for depression."

"Ms. Granger, do you always have to be a little know it all?" Snape said. Hermione looked hurt, but he added on to what she said. "Everything Ms. Granger said was correct, but she left out the part where the drinker's iris can be multiple colors. After a few seconds with one color, if the drinker is feeling another strong emotion, it will pull through. This draft lasts for about 5 minutes, but is very complicated to create. Turn to page 394 in your books. Work with the person sitting next to you."

We all turned to the page in our books. It was very complicated. I read it over to myself. 'Lace wing flies, dragons tongue, boom slang skin, rat tail, etc.'

"Bloody difficult potion we have here." Ron whispered to me. "Its made from the base of a Polyjuice Potion, but you do add some other ingredients. We better get started, it will take like 20 minutes to brew." I said.

We worked on our potion for the 20 minutes. In that time, Seamus blew his up on him and Dean, someone's turned to goop and leaked out of there cauldron, and Harry's and Hermione's made Hermione's hair frizz up like a poodle. But, surprisingly, mine and Ron's was going fine.

"Sir, we are done." I said politely. He walked over and examined our potion. He put a tea leaf in out potion, and it turned white, then blue. I guess it worked.

"Hmm, it seems you are finished." he said in his drone voice. "And....?" Ron asked.

"Its below average. But it will do. Its such a dissappointment that not one Gryffindor can complete the simplest of instructions in my class. I am yet to meet one of you that can doing anything correct, not yo mention actually listen to the rules. Such a shame." he said then walked away. I was getting very angry, but Ron but his hand on my shoulder.