Chapter 52

Sarah's POV

I wake up the next morning on the Common Room couch, where I fell asleep, with Ron sitting in the armchair next to me.

I yawn and push the blanket that was covering me off, and stand up. I look once more over at Ron, who is shievering, and pull his blanket further up his body. I grin at his obnoxious snoring, and head upstairs.

I sigh when I see Hermione sitting on her bed reading a book. She looks at me with sorrowful eyes and dark bags under them. She sits there emotionless for a few seconds, and then finally runs to hug me.

"I'm so sorry Sarah." she whispers in my ear. Once we break apart, we sit on my bed.

"No, 'Mione, I'm the one that should be sorry. You were just stating the truth." I reply, rubbing her arm.

She sighs and looks up at me. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me..." she trails off. "Harry told me what happened last night.." she says, looking down.

"Um, yeah, it was a rough night." I say. "You should get some sleep, you look exhausted." I say to her. She nods and looks at her bed.

She then gets up and sits on her bed and sighs. I get up too, but I decide to look at the mirror.

My blonde hair is soft frizzy curls from last night. I grab a brush and pull it through my knotty hair. Then I get out my wand to clean some make-up from under my eyes.

I turn to go talk to Hermione, but she is already sleeping. I laugh softly to myself and quietly close the door as I walk out, heading towards the Great Hall.

I notice that Ron is already gone from the armchair he was sleeping on not 5 minutes ago. I wonder where he must of went, but then I starting tearing up after thinking what happened last night.

"Lavender kissed Ron, and he kissed back. Everyone was cheering and celebrating, not even realizing the sadness that overcame me. I ran as fast as I could to the Astronomy Tower, and then after an hour or so of crying, I walked down to see them crying again. Then, I used Avis and Oppugno to attack Ron, and cried some more." I thought to myself.

I sighed and walked out of the portrait hole door and bee-lined towards the Great Hall. Once there, I saw many people turn their heads to look at me, with a mixture of worry and surprise sketched across all of their faces. I slowly made my way to my usual spot at the Gryffindor table, right next to Ginny and Harry and Hermione and Ron.

Only this time, there was only Harry and Ginny there. I sat down next to my ginger-haired friend and looked at the spread of food in front of me.

There was different types of sandwitches and pumpkin juice. But where is the waffles and pancakes?

"Uh, what time is it?" I ask Harry, while taking a sip of Pumpkin juice from my golden goblet.

"Um, 'bout 1:30." Harry replies.

I turn around and spray my Pumpkin Juice all over. Everyone turns and looks at me, and I flash them all a sheepish smile. Ginny, on the other hand, glares at all of them, and they quickly turn back to their own conversations.

"What time!" I yell, starting to catch my breath.

"Sar, you had a rough night last night." Ginny says. I look at her confused, I mean how did she know what happened?

"Thanks Harry..." I mumble. He smiles nervously at me, and I smile back casually.

"Yeah Sari, everyone did. Hermione didn't sleep at all last night. She was worried about you." Harry says, taking a bite of his sandwitch.