Chapter 53

Sarah's POV

I woke up this morning like I have many others; eyes red and puffy with dark circles surrounding them.

I get out of my bed and do my normal morning routine. I go to the bathroom, wash off the previous days make-up that I have cried down my face, and used magic to cover up the red blotches on my cheeks.

I return to mine and Hermione's room, and she is already up. She's knows better to not ask me how I am, or to see if I am alright. She also knows to not disturb me as I sorrowfully cry myself to sleep every night. She just ignores me, and I am perfectly fine with that.

Since Ron told me what he did, which was last week, I have stopped holding Quidditch practices. I have left Katie in charge with Ginny to help her, because I cannot go out there.

Every day, I just get up, eat breakfast, go to classes, and then go back to my dorm to cry. Hermione or Ginny bring me something to eat every night, as I want to spend as least amount of time with Ron as possible.

But sadly, avoiding Ron will be harder then I thought.

Jessica told me yesterday that there are some issues at home. Death Eater issues. Mum had to run away sometime during the past month. The Order is working as hard as they can to get Mum into safety, but until then, I cannot go home. It will be too much of a danger to my life if I do.

So I have to go to the Burrow for Christmas. I will share a room with Ginny and Hermione as always, but across the hall is Ron and Harry's room. I won't be able to avoid Ron much, but I guess I will just have to cope.

I rummage through my closet for a dress to wear to Slughorn's Christmas party, although I do plan on skipping out after an hour. After pushing away some other things that clutter mine and Hermione's closet, I finally find the one I am looking for.

I thought about asking Ron to the party, even though he was friends with Lavender. But, now that they are....dating, I can't.

But don't get me wrong, I made other arrangements.

*

I take a deep breath, taking one last look at myself in the mirror. I sigh as my reflection stares sadly back at me, because I know that I won't smile.

I walk down into the Common Room and wait for Seamus to come. He knows what I am going through, because I told him everything. But he didn't seem to mind that we are leaving early, because he doesn't want to stay that long anyway.

He smiles when he sees me, and I just force a smile back. He nods and takes my arm, leading me towards the Great Hall.

The party is pretty uneventful. Me and Seamus dance alittle, but I can tell he is not into it. We end up leaving unnoticed after a long hour.

"Sarah, I hate seeing you like this." he says as we make our way back to the Common Room.

"And I hate feeling like this." I say, not meeting his eyes.

"Then don't." he replies matter-of-factly.

"Its not that easy." I say, stating the obvious.

I mean, how do you get over your true love?

"It's a lot easier then you think." he says, walking ahead of me. I sigh and lean up against a wall.

I wait until Seamus is out of my sights, then I continue walking. It's a short walk until I get to the Common Room, and I just quickly hop into the large, comforting room.

But I am greeted by Ron and Lavender in the corner, laughing and talking. Lavender glares at me as I walk by, where on the other hand, Ron doesn't dare look at my eyes.