1

Kayla

I was standing in front of my locker before the end of the day minding my own business. When my peaceful day dream was interrupted by boys from the pack howling as the bell rang.

You may be thinking, what about the humans? This school is a werewolf school where teenagers from any pack can attend.

As I grabbed my bag and headed for the door I was stopped short when someone pulled on my arm making me stop.

"Hey Kayla," It was Jake the Alpha's son.

No way was I waiting and talking to him, I'd rather be chained up in silver then stand another minute with him. He's a god awful person who thinks the world revolves around him and I just can't stand it.

"Jake I really got to get home, my dad needed me for something," I gave him a little wave a quickly walked out of the school and down the side walk.

My house wasn't far from the school and when I arrived at the house and snuck in the door, it was eerily quiet.

"Darling." My father said starring at me from where he sat at the kitchen table.

"What is it dad. What do I have to do now?" I questioned looking at him.

"You have to get ready now," His eyes filled with sadness. He always wanted me to find my own mate not get picked.

I nodded and made my way upstairs where I opened my closet and picked an outfit out. My hands where shaking and my fingers were trembling as I pulled on my pants and shirt. I brushed out my hair and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Why does this have to happen," I quietly whispered to myself.

I made my way downstairs and out to the car, as we drove there all I could think about was my life with the mate I was given not some guy who gets to choose.

We arrived at the pack house and people were already walking in. As we made it to the front door I was taken around the house and up onto the stage where I sat in the second row hidden behind people.

I slid down my chair so that maybe Jake wouldn't be able to see me and pick another girl, to my luck he would.

Everyone started flooding in and taking seats while the girls all sat playing with their hands and trying to keep calm.

"Hello everyone!" The Alphas voice boomed

"Hello Alpha." All the pack members mumbled.

"Today my son will choose one of these girls to be  his mate! Your future Luna!" All the parents eyes fell to their hands, but everyone else clapped.

"Let's see who he chooses!" This sounds like the damn hunger games if you ask me.

I crossed my arms as Jake stepped up and gave him the dirtiest look I could do. His eyes lingered with mine before he looked at the others.

He didn't take long before he turned to the microphone and made his announcement.

"I choose Kayla!" I felt sick. Deathly sick. The Alpha motioned me to come up. I stood up not trusting my legs.

"No," I whispered to myself staring at the girl beside with wide eyes.

"Kayla! Your future Luna!" There was cheering and someone grabbed onto my arm pulling me forward.

I searched the crowd for my father who was pushing through everyone to get out. I needed to follow him, I couldn't leave him to live alone.

"Smile Kayla," Jake whispered in my ear and when I focused on everybody else they all became duplicates.

Then I blacked out.