Chapter 15

Were you ever in a situation where you had to be good to the person whom you hate more than you love yourself? It's the time of your life when you're supposed to cooperate with your enemy and do whatever it takes to get your work done. Its absolutely shitty but you ain't got any other option. You have to endure it no matter what. 

Well, I am currently in that situation. I am currently walking down the hallway to go to Dominic's office. Emma instructed me the way to his office and told me to go alone since I should 'clear my head' before going inside. What am I supposed to clear though? I don't know, maybe she meant that I should forget that he killed my mother and brought me here against my will and also forget that I'm supposed to beg for my goddamn phone now. How nice...(Mark the frikkin' sarcasm)

This house is huge though. Its a mansion actually, way bigger than my house. The hallways have maroon and white walls with a royal looking carpet. Dominic must've spent a lot of money on this mansion. I guess I remember this hallway from the day I ran away, when Angelo and Lucian we're showing me around. More like wasting my energy.

Speaking of them, I didn't see them after breakfast. But I remember Emma telling me that Lucian was gone for some 'work'. Probably to kill someone or something like that. I didn't even know that Emma knew how to use a gun and other things like knives and swords. I mean I should've seen it coming since she was Lucian's girlfriend and Angelo's sister. But I expected some different story. I thought Lucian and Angelo would be the type of boys who wouldn't allow their girlfreind and sister to use these  stuff but she knows every detail about it. Well, looks can be deceiving.

I didn't even know what I was going to say when I'll be going inside. I mean, should I just be like, 'hey dad! How are you? I was wondering if I could get my phone back?' Nah...seems wrong. I mean he knows I hate him and all. Maybe I should just act normal. But that's kind of difficult...

I reached the office. The door was huge. Will I be able to open this door? I grabbed the door knob and was about to pull it when I realized that I had to be a little polite. So I knocked on the door first.

"Come in", Dominic's voice boomed from the other side and I almost jumped due to his voice. Damn why was he shouting? It sounded as if he was pissed. Well, is he always pissed?

Slowly, I turned the door knob and poked my head inside the office. As expected, there were papers everywhere. There was a large shelf on one wall where many files were neatly arranged. The other wall had an even larger shelf where many books were kept. Looks like he loved to read. The walls were chocolate brown with a combination of white. There was a similar brown carpet too. The office was huge and I had to say, it looked wonderful. If mom would've seen this then she would have loved this place.

My eyes then landed on Dominic who was seated in a comfortable chair. He was wearing glasses which rested on the tip of his nose and he had a bunch of papers in his hand. He was wearing a white shirt and some black pants. I noticed his blazer on the hook on the wall behind his chair. He didn't even look up. Maybe he thought that whoever came in would talk first. I didn't know what to say so I simply cleared my throat.

His hard eyes snapped up to me. His eyes softened when he looked at me and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. He kept the papers in the table and took off his glasses. I still didn't know what to say so I decided to follow Emma's advice. She told me to spend some time with him before asking for my phone.

"Hi", I said awkwardly.

"Hey Princess, is something wrong?", he asked me so politely. You killed my mom, that's what's wrong! And it's so awkward!

In any other situation I would have been so happy to talk to my dad but right now I felt the complete opposite.

"Um..no...I just wanted to...spend some time with you", I said unsurely.