Chapter 9

I'm tired of the strangers who were coming up to me and apologizing for my mom's death. I didn't need their sorry's. All I wanted was for my mom to come back.

I was sitting on the ground next to my mom's grave. I was crying the entire time. Chloe sat next to me with a warm hand on my shoulders. She too looked pale from crying. Chloe is family to us. Mom liked Chloe.

The priest was reading something which I wasn't paying attention at. I just sat there crying and thinking what would happen if I met Dominic.

Yeah I'm gonna call him Dominic because he doesn't deserve to be called 'dad' or 'daddy'. He's a monster. But I just wish he would've spoke to me right away rather than killing my mom.

The ceremony got over and every one started leaving. Granny told me to pack my stuff for now and stay with her and then later I would pack all my stuff and move in with her.

I didn't want to leave my house. It had so many memories of me and mom. I grew up in that house. But she was right, it would just make me more upset than I already am. Although she did allow me to spend the night at my place. To stay there for the last time.

"C'mon let's go home", Chloe said as she got up and held her hand out for me.

I shook my head. "I want to stay here. With mom for some time. I'll walk home, its not that far", I replied.

Chloe looked unsure as she bit her lip.

"Please?", my voice was barely above a whisper and Chloe understood that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight with so much of stress.

"Do you have your phone?", she asked. I nodded my head.

"Okay then call me if anything happens", she said before hugging me and going towards her car.

Once she was gone, I let it out. I cried loudly, very loudly. As it is no one could hear me in a graveyard. I cried for about half an hour before I decided to go home. If I sat here, I would cry all night. But I have to pack tomorrow and I need some rest.

I got up from my place on the ground and dust my black jeans and tank top before walking home. How would I face Dominic?

What if he wants me to stay with him? No matter what, I wouldn't go with him. I so do not plan on staying with criminals. I didn't even want to meet him but some part of me still wanted to see my long lost dad. The same part of me thought that he killed mom for me. So that he could have me. He missed his daughter. No matter what, I couldn't live with him. I couldn't live with a man who killed my own mom.

Before I knew it, I was in the driveway of my house. I looked up to see 15-16 SUV's outside my house and a BMW in the middle of all the SUV. I didn't expect him to come for me this early. I thought he would give me some time to at least get over my moms death but no. What was wrong with him?

But thats not what scared me. There were about 6-7 guards standing outside my house in the driveway. 2 of them stood on either side of my front door. And the rest of them in just random places. They were dressed in black. They had those round wire thingy flowing down their ear and all of them had some type of huge gun in their hand. What if they shoot me? Oh c'mon, I bet my dad ain't here to kill me.

I walked up cautiously to my front door and stood in front of both the guards.

"Who are you?", I asked and acted as intimidating as I could.

But instead of relying the damn guard opened the door and slightly pushed me inside. Even his 'slight' push felt like an earthquake for me. I wanted to yell at him but when I looked at the person in front me, my while body froze.