Chapter 37

This chapter was lying around. I didn't notice it until now. Lol. Enjoy.
-------------
Throughout my life, I barely had to apologize to someone. Not because I was a bitch but because I barely spoke to people. Sure, I had friends and all but it was mostly Chloe and me the whole time. And when Chloe got mad at me for whatever reason, it wasn't difficult to make it up to her again. She was mostly so understanding that the need to go out of the line to apologize was out of the question.

However, I never had to show extra efforts to make it up to someone. I didn't have a problem doing that, of course, but still. And besides, it was me who was getting benefited so maybe I didn't mind putting in the extra effort.

I sighed as I lit the last candle placed on the ivory candle stand. I still couldn't believe that I was going to do all of this, specially for a guy. I looked around one last time to make sure that the arrangements were in place.

Satisfied, I smoothed down the invisible creases on my dress - a black dress that hugged all my curves. My hair had been curled and my makeup was done perfectly, thanks to Chloe.

That woman is a life saver.

She was completely against the idea of me going against everybody else and contacting Luke. She straight up refused to help me, no matter how much I blackmailed her. Later, she came up with a deal. She would help me but, after I contact Luke and once my plan is set, I will have to 'inform' everybody of my plans. That was literally like setting my foot on a lion's tail but if I wanted to get Chloe's help then it was compulsory.

Maybe I could trick her into helping me first and then bailing on my part.

I closed my eyes when the thought raced through my mind. I had blackmailed Chloe into helping me for the sake of our friendship. I couldn't cheat and prove myself wrong. And besides, even if I did bail then not only would I ruin my friendship but Chloe would simply tell my father everything. And I was guessing that if I told him first then the outcome won't be that bad.

The door opened and Chloe entered. She looked around, checking for anything wrong before looking at me.

"They're going to be here in 10 minutes", she informed and I nodded my head.

"Do you think he'll want to stay after the fight?", I bit my lip.

"Of course. His girlfriend is putting in efforts, I'm sure he'd notice", she assured.

"What will you tell the others though?", I asked.

"I didn't tell anybody anything yet. But once all of them are here, I'll make sure that we all, including Zayed, Aisha and Saima, leave you guys alone to go hangout and have dinner or something. You take this opportunity to do what you have to do", she instructed.

"Yeah but I don't think he'll come into the room. I asked him to sleep in the living room", I groaned.

"Ugh. Okay, wait. I'll tell him that you're in my room because we were, um, watching a movie", she suggested and I nodded my head.

"Sounds good", I smiled.

The bell rang.

My heart thudded in my chest.

What I was about to do was far more dangerous than sneaking out. And I didn't even want to imagine the horror if Angelo ever came to know.

"Don't screw up", was all Chloe said before she closed the door and went into the living room.

The sound of chatter, and Lucian's loud voice, were muffled and soft when I placed my ear next to the door. I didn't want to seem like a sneaky chick so I jogged, as best as I could in my heels, to the dining table that was placed in my room. Just a small round table with two chairs and a bottle of wine in a bucket of ice in the middle. A plate of lasagna also sat in the middle with a cover on top to avoid the food from getting cold. The lights had also been dimmed to a warm yellow lights accompanied by the soft glow of the candles.