Chapter 28

Birds chirped and the pleasant rays of the sun penetrated through my window and my sleep. I blinked and yawned whilst thinking about how tired I actually was. In the past 24 hours, I haven't done anything but rest and yet I felt as if I worked too hard.

I must be jet lagged.

Or maybe I'm just too lazy.

I yawned once again as I stood up from the bed, at the mansion. 

Yes, I was back. Back to where all of this started.

I stumbled to the bathroom and quickly went through my daily routine.

While brushing my teeth, I observed myself in the mirror. My eyes had bags underneath, not really prominent but they could be seen. I ignored it, I didn't want to think about the last few months.

What was I going to do now?

I wasn't going to run and to be honest, I didn't want to run. I knew I'd never be as safe as I am right now.

I wanted to study. I had finished hogh school and I wanted to do something other than just wasting my time.

Maybe I could talk to Dad for letting me attend college. If he refuses for whatever reason that he has, I can at least start studying online. That way, I can study and be safe at the same time.

With that in mind, I washed my face and walked out of the bathroom and into my room. I quickly fixed my hair a little before going out of the room.

I entered the familiar hallway and was instantly greeted by a couple memories. The first one was when I ran away but was immediately caught and the second time was when I left the night when no one was home. Both the memories consisted of me running away.

But each time, I ended up in the same place. Was this my fate? To live with my father? Or was it just another chance to run?

I made my way down the stairs and into the all to familiar living room which would lead me to the dining room and the kitchen. I could hear some chatter going on in the dining room so I made my way there.

Dad, Angelo, Emma, Aaron, Lucian and Katherine were seated in the dining room, talking about something that I couldn't hear. As soon as I entered, they stopped talking and looked at me.

"Morning, Princess", Dad greeted, a warm smile on his face.

"Morning, Dad. What's up?", I asked as I picked up a few cookies from the island connecting the kitchen and the dining room. I walked over and sat down on the chair vacant next to Dad.

"We were just discussing about the whole Atef thing", Emma answered.

"You said that he was dead", I stopped eating as I looked at Angelo.

"He is dead. But that doesn't mean that Leonardo is dead", Lucian said Leonardo's name with so much of hatred.

"So it isn't over yet?", I questioned.

"It'll get over when Leonardo is dead", Dad answered.

I didn't want to continue with this conversation. So I changed the topic.

"Can I see Chloe, Dad?", I asked.

I really wanted to meet her since we weren't able to talk properly even when I met her the last time.

"She's in Texas, honey", he answered.

"What? Why?"

Chloe never told me about anyone related to her living in Texas.

"When things got too heated, we had to send her away to keep her safe", Aaron answered.

"Well then, I wanted to ask you something", I turned to Dad.