Chapter 30

I stared at the flight about to land. It made a loud and irritating noise but I didn't care, I was way too happy. I watched the flight's wheels drag against the runway from the guest room window as the pilot brought it to a stop.

It was a private runway owned by Dominic Vercitti and was currently using it to bring my best friend back to her hometown.

Yes. Chloe was coming back. Instead of sending her straight to Miami, he decided to keep her with us at the mansion. So that both of us would be safe.

A week ago, at the dining table, dad informed that he wanted to bring Chloe back before things could get heated up in Texas. Meaning that Leonardo would find a way to get Chloe, thus getting me and then dad. I agreed and whined until he agreed to take me with him to his private airport.

Two reasons for whining: first was to receive Chloe and the second was to ride in a chopper. Yes, he had us taken to the airport in a chopper, which was an amazing experience.

Also, quick update, I have a bratty creature along with an inquisitive and a nervous one. And the bratty creature wanted to know if I could learn to fly the chopper and then take it to college everyday. Dad only stared at me before laughing, saying that it would look ridiculous and on a serious note, anybody could bring me down with a grenade shooting gun.

So I decided against it. I didn't need that.

I don't know what Leonardo has been up to. He has been silent and we haven't heard anything even close to chaotic. His so called alliance has also taken a step back. Rumor has it that his alliance has started to divide with some of them either turning Leonardo down or backing away all together. It seemed confusing at first but then later, I found out why.

Leonardo's alliance consisted of all the people dad defeated. So all of the broken empires coming together to bring us down. But then dad asked for help from the members of his alliance who are way more powerful and bigger than Leonardo's alliance all together. Meaning if anybody from his alliance was to mess with us, they'd immediately fall prey to the whole of our alliance.

Leonardo did perform an experiment to determine our power. He sent out a group of trained assassins to take out the most powerful people in our gang. All of our men survived but not before dragging 4 out of 5 assassins, one got away, in the dungeons, killing them and sending out our assassins to kill important men from each member of the alliance. It surely sent a powerful message and Leonardo has been giving us the silent treatment since then.

Although, dad thinks it's just a trick. He seems to be backing away but in reality, he's focusing on something else. Or someone else. And that someone being Chloe. She, too, is an important associate and has to be protected because what they planned to do to me, they could do the same to Chloe if caught. Or things we could never even imagine.

The plane finally came to a screeching halt and the stairs unwinded. A couple guards in black with huge guns stood at the foot of the metal stairs while a couple men in suits came out of the plane with suitcases and duffel bags. Then came my best friend, her shades covering her eyes from the sun as she spoke to a man in a suit who walked behind her.

The man seemed young, almost young enough like Angelo or Lucian. He had brown hair that glistened in the light and his eyes were covered by black RayBans. Chloe had a smile on her face while she spoke to the guy who also seemed interested in their conversation. Clearly, I could see something going on between them.

"When I asked you about Chloe's life in Texas, you never mentioned an alleged affair", I muttered to dad who stood next to me in his usual boss attire, meaning his suit.

"The things I have to do to keep teenage girls entertained are very drastic, honey", he said, looking straight ahead.

"So you placed this guy deliberately to keep Chloe 'entertained'"?, I glanced at him in disbelief.