Zeyk (A Second Chance)

The souls that sung through the Mountains of Spires were heavenly, they sung tunes that didn't make sense but deep down in me they seemed to tug on strings, making me wish that i had never chosen the path of Darkness. The wasps grew angry, and stung my brain into thinking of my goal. My one and only goal. Get the wand, get the Horthorne wand and become the wizard that my father would be proud of. Don't think of the others, don't think about the girl, Kat.

The mist cleared a little and i saw water infront of me. The only river i the world that flows up the hill, that will never flow down the mountain, always up.

"Um, anyone there?" I asked into the white mist.

"Nift tayer halsican hut na fayil..." They said. As i got closer, i saw a young woman in white raggs. Her skin was as clear as the water and u knew then i had met one of the Water Followers. I didn't know their language too well. I tipped my hat down infront of my face and didn't look at her beautiful face.

"Sin fynin talli fur, hagni ineefight turn..." I said, the girl laugh.

"You could have asked if i spoke Fetenis. I would not advice you to talk my language again, otherwise you could offend someone..." She said, "Climb on, i will take you where you need to go Prince..." Her voice was so pure and so gentle that it made me want to fall asleep with her in my arms. I nodded, trying not to look at her and watched as she made the boat move with the water, up the mountain, to the Temple of Light. To the wand of my dreams, my power, and my future.

I looked down at the water, so clear, yet so dark beneath the cool surface. I knelt down and let my hand touch the smooth rippled water. I shot though me like a bolt of my fathers wrath. I caught my jumping hand from the water. I had forgotten the electrical impulses that would hoot through me if i touched something with pure light.

"Is something the matter Prince?" She asked. Her voice trickled like the water around here. I didn't look at her, trying to keep my voice from shaking. That pulse had taken a bit out of me.

"Yes, im, im fine, just didn't know it would be, so..."

"So cold? Yes, it does shock a few people that travel here..." The mood went uneasy then for some reason. It went awkwardly silent. "I will take you too her, but if you don't mind me asking... what are you hear for?" She said, breaking the silence.

"It's fine, you don't have to take me, i must make this journey as independent as possible, if you don't mind, and my business is to do with the king..." I lied. I looked over my shoulder at her sweet face. It was so white, it glowed. But i was brought out of the sweet dream as i was stung in the head by a wasp.

"Ah..." I whispered to myself, trying to keep my pain to myself, but she heard.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, just, might have been something... nothing, its nothing..." I said repeatedly.

"If you are sick, then i can heal you, i am gifted with that sort of power as do my ancestors" She told me. I didn't want to be mean, or harsh, i wanted to take her offer.

"You can't heal what i have..." I whispered, staring off into the water.

"Are you sure? Is that why you are going to Mother Nature, Prince?" She asked. I stayed silent, keeping my words to myself. I wanted to tell her everything for some reason, i wanted to hold her in my arms and stroke her long hair silver hair. But i couldn't, i was tied with Darkness, and nothing could break that hold, nothing. I let my hand move over the water, not touching it, but just feeling the coolness that it left. 

"How much further is it?" I asked, staring at her face. She smiled down at me.

"Soon, i can speed up the water if you want?"