Chapter 6

"Rasta!" I yelled, cupping the little bird in my hands. He was limp and lifeless. His little head flopped to one side and he was cold, so very cold. Why was he dead? What happened? I looked around and my eyes fluttered down to the dead bodies on the floor. They were black and looked like nothing more than rags. But movement came from them, only slightly, like they were writhering in pain. Rage built up within me. They killed Rasta! They killed him! But if they did, why are they dead?

I looked back down at the little blue bird. He used to always have such a glow about him, but that was gone, along with his soul.

Kat...

I looked around and saw no one. But i defiantly heard something, a voice.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked the empty woods.

Kat... Im here...

"Rasta?" It was him, i could tell.

Kat i gave up my life, i did it to save this world and you... He whispered. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"But Rasta, you gave up your life, that means you wont live in this world again! I won't ever be able to see you again!" I sniff.

Let me go Kat...

"NO! I... i cant! Please don't leave me Rasta..."

I already have...

The little birds voice sounded so happy, so full of life. I looked down at the birds body. The bird in my hands was just a bird now, not Rasta. I placed him down on the floor and stood up. I wiped away the tears and sniffed up the running snot that had made its way down my nose. I needed to get to the battle field. I needed to fulfill my fate, i wasn't going to let Rasta die for nothing! I brushed myself down and closed my eyes.

"Take me to Darkness..." I whispered and my vision went up in light. I could feel myself traveling, the rush of wind through my hair and the cold air on my face. My feet landed on the grass and i opened my eyes.

"No..." This wasn't real. The long grass, the sky. It was the dream i had a few days ago, i remember it now! I was going to die here! I was going to die! There was nothing i could do! I looked to the sky and saw something getting closer. The speed of it was unreal. There was nothing could do. I was pinned to the spot with fear. I closed my eyes, just like in the dream. I closed them and kept them shut. I didn't want to see what was going to happen. 

"KAT!" I was suddenly jolted to one side and my eyes flung open. It was Zeyk, he had grabbed me by my arm and was dragging me away from the range of the flying object.

"Z-Zeyk? What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were with Darkness!" I yelled at him. He wouldn't look at me, and i couldn't see what emotions were going on in his eyes because of the hat that covered them. "Zeyk?"

"I am with Darkness, but Mother Nature told me something, that everyone deserves a second chance, and that if i want to be with light now, then she will give me a second chance in my new life when i die..."

"So your still with Darkness? But you chose to save me?" He looked down at me.

"Yes... although it is killing me to save you... yes i do chose you save you..." What did he mean by that? He wasn't dying, was he? I looked at him again and i saw that he was whiter than usual, alot whiter, and he looked tired. The dark circles under his eyes lit up like a sun at night. We stopped running and both looked at each other.

"What do you mean, it's killing you?" I asked, staring up at him. He looked away. "Hey! What do you mean?" I yelled, shaking him a little, but he didn't seem to move.