Parchement 7: Potions Featuring My Annoying Partner

With books in my hand, attempting to keep them balanced as I run down the echoing hallways, trying to find my first class. Balance, stamina and speed, a lot like Quidditch but this is much harder.

I see all the other green and white ties file into one room, I follow them in. I got greeted by a slam on my books, making them, and myself fall straight down to the stone floor.

"Told you we were going to get you back munter girl!" Crabbe yells with his finger pointing straight at me, anger in his eyes along with Goyle's. Draco just keeps his head high and steps on my back as he walks over, sniffling I try to keep the tears in.

This wasn't the best way to start my day...

My first day.

。。。

Walking out of our first class, which by the way was History of Magic, we head to Potions next, I think I might like this one. Andrew said it was his least favorite due to the delicate work it needs, delicate work is something I truly admire. Something I know I can do, for once.

"Oi! Munter girl!" The loud and ever so shrill voice goes through the air, that's none other than the spoiled, childish prince himself.

Don't let him get to you, just keep walking, keep walking.

"I'm talking to you runt!" My fists hold the books tighter, I'm not going to let him get to me. Not today. Not ever, minus last night of course. My pace gets quicker, short legs working hard to flee the giant blonde beast behind me. He is scarier than the dragons Andrew talks about and comparing those two, I choose dragons any day.

Finding the classroom, finally, I take a seat down at a table. But little did I know it wasn't just for one person, this was a two group class. And who I was going to be forced with just wasn't accepted by both of us.

Once everyone came in, the big Slytherin trio came in, Crabbe and Goyle taking the table across from me, and what open space is there. None but right beside me.

"I am not working with her!" Draco's voice squeals, kind of like a pig that's freaking out, not wanting what's ahead of him. That's something interesting to imagine, Draco mixed with a pig. That brings a small smirk to my lips, oh imagination is great.

"Malfoy," Snape says strictly at him, Draco just crosses his arms and stomps his way up to the table.

"Thank you, now Miss," there comes a silence as he looks for my name, or it's because he already knows it, "Quest, do you have any comments on Malfoy sitting with you, would you care to share them with the class?" Spotlights on me, I hate being like this, center of attention and not in the best way.

"None Snape, sir .." He nods his head and starts the lesson, not affected by me calling him 'sir', guess that's a good thing. For if I don't call my father sir at the end I get a slap across the cheek, (face cheek, not bum) and it sure does hurt.

I pay attention in this class, for I love mixing things together and creating something good or bad, a majority of the time it's good. But one thing keeps bothering me, it's right next to me, and to add, picking his nostrils. Leaning over I whisper to him.

"Can you please stop doing that," I say nicely, with just a hint of annoyance. All he hears is the annoyance.

"Don't tell me what to do runt!" Draco yells, Snape looks over at us, giving us his signature stare that means 'shut-up-right-now-or-you-will-get-points-taken-away-and-have-detention-together' shutting both of us up right away.

But that only lasted for a while.

"..now, you must add...and slowly stir in.." My eyes dart around and quickly find everything, and collect it before he even finishes the list. "My, Miss Quest, plus ten for Slytherin," Snape continues with his list and the directions. Draco just looks over at me with his daunting smile of disgust, he's lucky, I'm giving him free points for this. Ungrateful, that's what he is. Or can be.

Stir to the right twice and the left once, then add this, then wait. It should turn a light blue color.

A sigh comes over my shoulder, looking over I see Draco slouching in the seat. Rolling my eyes I keep to myself, like always, hoping Snape won't say anything about Draco's current behavior and why he isn't helping me. I don't need any help.

Monsters don't need that.

I stop dead in my tracks, as I feel holes forming in my outfit, a low smirk from Goyle comes along with Crabbe's loud and most obnoxious laugh. Those two draw Snape to us like a moth to a bright flame, great, just fantastic. Snape walks over with his black clothes along the floor, almost like a giant black mop.

"And may I ask why you two are laughing," Snape just looks up at me, seeing the mess Goyle and Crabbe made, with full purpose too, Snape nods his head and gives a small and unsure cough, "Miss Quest, there is an extra male outfit, you can get it from Dumbledore, the Headmaster, as soon as you like." Draco snorts as I walk out of the room, well, I hope he doesn't wait too long for if it takes too long then...

"WHAT IS THIS!" Ah, it boiled over, and now it should be like octopus tentacles coming out and flinging blue gunk everywhere. There isn't any acid in it, unlike Goyle's and Crabbe's obviously.

"SNAPE! SNAPE! WHAT DO I DO!" That's the phrase I hear down the stone hallway, leaving me grinning ear to ear, making the holes I have feel much smaller and less noticeable. If they were I wasn't sure, but, I know Draco Malfoy received pay back from walking on me and his two minions knocking the books out of my hands.

Ah, what a sweet time this is.