Parchment 33: Back, but Not Normal

Starting fifth year, everything changed, the only person who knew about my father attacking my mother, and almost killing me, was Draco. I'm glad it is him, but then I just cringe, he could tell anyone at anytime. Then I would be exposed to the school public and be utterly humiliated in front of everyone.

What a joy I have, of having a messed up family.

"Hey," a voice comes through my ears, "hello, earth to Nebula?" The voice slowly starts to connect to the face ahead of me across the table.

"Huh?" I reply back shaking my head, trying to refocus everything.

"What's up? You've been zoning out this whole time, you haven't touched a thing on your plate.." Ah it's Flint.

"Yeah sorry, my summer wasn't the greatest.." I admit, not telling the details, there's no need for it. Flints face falls and he puts his fork down on his plate.

"I'm sorry to hear that, I hope this year gets better for you.." Giving him a small smile I nod my head and start to pick at my food. "You can talk to me you know.."

"Yeah, I know, I'm just out of shape," Flint lets out a small smirk and looks back up at me. A slight glimmer of something in his eyes, wit.

"No your not, got more of a feminine figure and you're looking fine." He gives me a wink, that brings a real smile to my face. Along with him getting a flick on the forehead, due to his comment.

But it did make you smile...

。。。

The first two weeks went by with a flash, it was insane. All the tests, reports, scrolls and spells we had to cast in classes, it was insane. Fifth year is a huge year and it only gets more intense.

"Neb!" The flash of blonde hair reflects everywhere, Mavis. Wow she has improved, a lot. Much more than I have honestly. I haven't grown or gotten more..prettier.

"Hey!" A hug reunites us as friends once again.

"Why didn't you reply any of my letters I sent you..?" She asks with a frown on her face. I let out a heavy sigh and tap my foot behind me.

"Well, it's because, I was away for the summer, I went to the beach the whole time and I forgot to tell you before we left.." I lie. I feel the guilt start to burry me alive as I stand there.

"Oh? And you didn't invite me?" Mavis laughs and pats my head, that turns into rubbing. I just became an animal.

"I'm sorry, and I'm not a dog.." Mavis smiles and leans down pretending to hold a treat in her hand.

"Whose a good girl," with the scratching under the chin, how weird will this year be?

"This good girl could bite your finger off under two seconds." She gives a sneaky smile and pushes my shoulder.

"Oh, there's the Slytherin in you.." Hearing those words make me shiver for a few seconds, my mind thinking about the emerald snake from my fathers skull. I mask it with something I find quite funny.

"Oh no, no way, it's called sarcasm."

"Oh, I see, if you say missss," Mavis runs down the hall as my heels kick in and the chase begins.

"Oh no you didn't get back here!"

。。。

Quidditch practice went by fast and it was fantastic. I got too look around at everyone and I just get, envious? Everyone is maturing and getting more grown up and I'm just still the shy, weirdo that likes dragons. I haven't changed at all. Well okay maybe I have, with talking to people more and letting others in. I got better at that but, nothing else really.