Parchement 30: Mother

Until the afternoon I haven't been disturbed by Draco, that's one thing that makes me happy today. I have been up in my room reading, talking to the animals I have there and just being alone. A good and bad thing of course.

Sighing I find myself wanting to go outside, I've been inside for the whole summer so far. Sunlight doesn't bother me, it just makes me feel uncomfortable if I'm out in it too long.

That comes with dehydration and the nausea I don't want to have or get.

"Miss Nebula, your mother would like too see you!" Theresa says outside my door. I get up and look at myself in the mirror, I think I look presentable. I haven't seen my mother in two years, I wonder if she has changed at all..

"Thank you Theresa, I will go see her.." Walking towards the door I find my nerves becoming shot. My hand pauses as my mind runs a marathon without my permission. An annoying thing if you ask me, I hate the concept of going insane or instantly, and all I'm doing is seeing my mother of all people. I shouldn't be freaking out like this.

"Just. Stay. Calm. Just. Stay. Calm." I repeat to myself as I open the door. Entering into the hallway I feel as if everything is closing in on me. "I can't do this.." I mumble, getting a sensation that my face is becoming paler by the second.

I need air.

"Nebula?" Turning my head I see Draco standing a few feet away from me. I shake my head, I crumble down inside, my strong pillars becoming rubble against the sudden start of an earthquake.

"N-not now," deep breathe and the drying mouth, "Draco, I'm going to pass out.." I say walking away from him. I can't let him see me like this, not now. I'm a complete and utter wreck.

"Then shouldn't you lay down and rest?" Draco asks, but he leans against the wall with his one arm higher than his head. Different body language if you ask me.

"No, I can't. I need to see my, mother," I circle around him and continue down the hallway.

"I don't think your mother would like me carrying you into her room," I stop as the hairs on my neck start to rise, "she might think something else." My face lights up like the stars and the moon do to a dark night. Letting the rays of reflections shine on anyone and everyone. Expect in this circumstance it's bright red and not a soothing white.

"Draco Malfoy, don't you dare bring up anything like, like..that!" I yell at him, his face going into a pleased smile at how red my own face is.

That's when the pain start to come and the feeling of being very light headed.

I'm getting deeper and deeper into trouble just by continuing this pointless conversation. I need a way out and I still need air.

"Now please.." The black blotch takes over my vision, covering my whole point of view. Passing out in front of Draco, not on my list of things to do but it happens anyways. At least there was someone there to catch me..

That's a good thing...

。。。

"How is she?"

"She will be fine Draco, she told you before that she was going to pass out and you dragged that out. A stupid idea.." A very low and bluntly voice replies, yet has a small tint of humor to it.

"Well, she didn't get hurt on the way to meet you, that's a good thing." Draco says crossing his arms, the other person lets out a light laugh. "She could have broken a bone or fallen down and got a concussion and no one would know until it's too late.." Draco finishes with a smug and accomplished look on his face. That earns a deeper and more real laugh for the other part of this conversation. 

"You haven't changed one bit Draco, now go make some tea, for her or everyone.." Draco bows and starts to walks towards the tall double doors.

"Yes Mrs. Quest.." Once the sound of closing doors comes to the ears of the person, she lays her hand down on my shoulder.

"Now, Nebula, you can wake up now.." My eyelashes flutter about trying to get everything back into focus.

There before me is a woman, a strong and mighty woman with curled black hair and a dashing smile. Kind of reminding me of a female superhero, strong yet still beautiful  no matter what circumstances are in her way. She will defeat them for sure.

"Mother?"

"Yes, mother," sitting up I stare at her, I never thought I would see her like this. Reaching out I run my fingers through her black hair. But her hair wasn't black, it was a light brown before.

"Did you dye your hair?"

"Yes, as your father being gone a long time I tried something new, and Narissa thought it would be good to try something new too.." She says smiling wrapping her own fingers around the ever so carefully done curls.

"O-oh is she here too? Since Draco is staying over?" I ask, wanting to know the answer to this.

"She will be coming over soon, not everyday like Draco does, oh no. Your father and his father planned that you two be together for a longer period." I choke on the air I am breathing in. My father and Draco's father planned this, what are they trying to accomplish and figure out with this setting?

Probably both of us are gladiators and whoever is left standing wins.

"Do you know why that is?" I ask, mother shakes her head and the door opens again. Draco walks in with a silver tray with three white cups of tea with a pot to go with it.

"No I don't actually," she takes the tea off the tray and hands me one. She turns to Draco and invites him in this conversation, just what I wanted. "Draco, would you have any idea why your father and my husband would want you two together?"

"None, it was just something my father brought on me last minute, that's quite a normal thing now actually." He replies, taking a small and careful sip off of his tea cup.

"I see, I still think it's due to you two being playmates when you were younger.." My mother sighs but I, once again, choke but this time on hot tea, which really didn't feel good on the throat.

"We were..?"

"Oh yes, every Tuesday and Thursday our family's would come together and discuss things happening in the world.. Marvelous times they were.." Mother sighs delighting the memories that are coming back to her as if they were currently happening.

"Now, Nebula, would you like to spend time with Draco?" Two pairs of eyes land on me as I prepare to take a sip. My awkward face and hand position makes Draco smirk and rolls his eyes.

"I spend enough time with him at school, what would we do together?" I ask, my mother gives a small smile and puts her tea down.

"Well, there is a stable."

My ears perk up at the phrase.

"We have horses?"