Parchment 44: Awkward Table Conversation

My lips tremble as my vision starts to get blurry. He sent me a letter, he remembered me. I'm still on his mind..

"Nebula?" a quickened pace comes behind me, "are you alright?" Without words to express my feelings; I show him the letter. He takes it from my grasp and reads over it, his own eyes widening at this.

"Harry.." I croak, that's all I can get out. Flint puts the letter down and looks back at me.

"Yes, Harry, he must have felt your presence while we were at the train station, but why didn't he talk or communicate with you.." I shrug my shoulders and get the letter once again.

"I'm not sure but, he has to have a reason.." I read it again and again, almost memorizing the whole message.

There was something else he wanted to tell me, but he couldn't. For sending letters and packages on owls aren't the safest ways to go anymore. Not with him around.

"Anyways, back to what I was saying.." Flints mother comes around the corner and gives a small wave.

"Pardon the interruption, but supper is ready." Flint lets out a heavy sigh. His shoulders shrug down as he walks like a hunchback to the table. I let out a small smirk at his acting, poor kid, can't get out what he wants to say.

Once all three are around the table the food slowly starts to get eaten. And the table conversations got very interesting.

"You're so lucky you missed the lady who came by Hogwarts.." I lay my fork down and sit back in my chair.

"Oh really? Why do you say that?"

Was I invisible to him? I was there..

"Her name was Dolores Umbridge. She made Hogwarts into a living hell by creating rules that everyone must follow, or they would be expelled or get a detention." I raise my eyebrow at this woman. I forgot about the kind of beasts she was, and why was Dumbledore letting her roam in those walls?

"Really? Well, glad I wasn't there, for if I was, tsk, it wouldn't have gone well.." I chuckle, Flint gives me a serious face.

"Nebula, you wouldn't want to mess with her. She had so much power, it was insane, she could do anything she wanted too! And not to mention she started a club."

"Club?"

"Well, more like all Slytherins got together and taught each other how to fight. It was called, oh what was it, thee Inquisitorial Squad." I bite my lips trying not to laugh, that is a hysterical name. Absolutely stupid.

Though I'm Slytherin doesn't mean I'd join that whacky female.

"What was she thinking, that's the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard of!"

"Yes! It was because Harry and his other friends started a club or their own. The called themselves Dumbledore's Army, or DA for short. And once she learned that, she wasn't very pleased.."

Dumbledore's Army, that does have a nice ring to it.. I'm sad that I missed it..

"And then she went psycho?"

"Yeah. They found where he was having their meetings and cleared them out. They got in loads of trouble for that."

"Well, it's something Harry would do.." I say smiling down at my plate.

"Do you fancy this 'Chosen One'?" Flints mother joins in the conversation. I get an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, I don't know what she means.

"Can you repeat that again?"

"Do you, Nebula Quest, fancy the 'Chosen One', Harry Potter."

"Ah, no. I don't fancy him at all." Flints mother has a 'I'm-not-convinced-at-all' face on. I take a small glance at Flint, his face is quite red. Is he embarrassed by his mothers question?

"Then just who do you fancy?" she starts to get into this, probably more than she should be.

"I'd rather not answer that question." I say straight forward. Hoping she gets the message that I went to her.

"Oh?"

"Mother, if she doesn't want to have this conversation then let her be.." she looks over at him and rolls her eyes.

"Then are you going to tell her?" Flints face becomes a little more paler. I hold in a laugh, I know what she means. Poor kid.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Oh I think you do." Flint picks at his food with his face blushing madly. I let a chuckle go through my lips, hoping no one at the table could hear it.

"If I may be excused, I'm going to bed now.." I stand up and turn towards the kitchen.

"Oh, my dear already?" his mother stands up quickly and stares at me. I give a small nod and take my dirty dishes and utensils back to the sink, then wash them.

"Yes, I'm quite tired, I had an excessive amount of food and I feel the sleepy dust coming over me." I let out a loud and long yawn. Marching up the stairs I find the guest room, it's a good size and that's one thing I did need. Space.

For being cooped in that house was maddening.

I flop down on the pillow and pull the bankers over my shoulders.

"Now this is more like it.." I whisper. Closing my eyes I let sleep take me into its hands, cradling me in her arms. I just hope nothing happens to Harry..

。。。

There comes a small ringing sound from downstairs, that wakes me up quickly. I get out of bed and head straight downstairs. On the third to last step I see Flint, and his mother, talking to someone, I rub my eyes and let out a yawn.

"Company?" I question. All three heads turn, my stomach drops. My feet begin to run before my mind knows what I'm doing. I crash into the guest and tears come to my eyes. The guests arms quickly wrap around my shoulders and squeeze tightly.

"Nebula.." I just let the tears fall. Not bothering that people are seeing me crying at the moment. "Are you alright?" I lift my head up and see through the round eyewear to those green eyes. Nodding my head in reply to the question I close my eyes and sigh.

"Yes, I'm much better now.." I'm in the arms of someone who is so much like me. I'm in the arms of someone who I know I can trust. And that is none other than Harry himself.

Flints mother comes up to us and slightly raises her hand.

"You may leave Nebula, and Harry," she looks over at him, a smile taking form on her lips, "take care of her."

"Oh I will.." Harry says with a firm hand on my shoulder. We both start to head for the door, Harry goes out first, but a voice stops me.

"Don't forget to come back and visit!" I turn and give a warm smile back to the family.

"Of course I will.."