Parchment 25: Draco's and Pansy's Act

For the rest of the school year, which was about two weeks, I remained silent and distant. Hermione was getting worried about this act of mine but Harry backed me up and often told her the same phrase, 'just give her space, she needs it right now.'

I did need it, a lot.

I can see now, no more blindness, yes! But the screeching in my ears still hasn't gone away, it comes and goes. In class I always have to ask to be excused to leave, all the teachers know about it, thanks to Dumbledore, so they let me go back to my common room or the library. Somewhere quiet and not disturbed by others easily, but there's one thorn in my side that keeps coming back and not just the constant sound.

Malfoy.

He keeps rubbing it in my face about the Quidditch practice and how the next day, when I was recovering still in, they won against Hufflepuff without my help and how they didn't need my help at all.

It's days like those that I want to knock him in the face with my knuckles and leave a mark so he doesn't ever do it again. But knowing him he will, and on purpose too.

Like he always does, he knows how to make me tick and get under my skin in just a few seconds.

"So, are you going to the match tonight? It's Gryffindor against Ravenclaw," Hermione asks me, she is as pretty as she always has been, I'm jealous about that, she has natural beauty and doesn't need anything on her face.

"I can try too, I'm packing tonight also," I reply to her, she gives a small frown at my answer, "sorry, I'll try too, I might have people interrupting me quite often during it.." A smile returns to her face, that makes me very happy about the change of face and emotions.

"Mavis?" I give a small chuckle as we both start to head to the common rooms, letting her know that was the right answer.

We have gotten back to our normal selves, between Mavis and me, after the small disagreement about how I was praising Malfoy, which I wasn't, but that kind of lead her to drift away from me, it honestly hurt a lot. She was one of my first friends here and someone I could talk to, for a change and wouldn't get called stupid names by others in my house.

"Well, I may or may not see you at the game, I hope you do come though, and we are going to sit near the top, like always on the right side." I give her a small smile and I let her walk into her painting. As it closes the woman above looks down at me, not with much grace either, but with mockery and pure disgust.

"Well, now shoo, shoo you snake, you, go infect someone else, we don't need any of your poisonous venom here. Now go, away with you, away!" She swats her hand, motioning me to go away now. The painting has a hippo on it, and not to mention its mouth was foaming a lot.

And I know what that means.

"Well, I'd beware, the hippo is getting active," I say with much sarcasm in my mouth, it's practically dripping out of it. The woman raises her eyebrows and stares down at me.

"Active what does that mean," I start to walk away from this woman, even though she really isn't, just a painting, "wait! No! Come back here!"

Oh no, can't do that, you don't want a 'snake' around anyways...

I continue to keep walking, down the hallways and weaving in and out of the stone. The dungeon doors greet me happily, at least the painting does and I enter gladly.

Stepping inside the common I see two people talking, or at least they were talking before I came inside. These two being Malfoy and Pansy, I don't question anything. I don't even want to know what those two were doing alone in the same room.